It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:19 pm

Sabrinas updates :-) 

Post Sabrinas updates :-)
I cant believe I am starting updates in this area :D Just wanted to share a happier photo of my little girl.

Attachments:
DSCF2810.jpg
DSCF2810.jpg [ 40.14 KiB | Viewed 18440 times ]
Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:11 pm

Post Re: Sabrinas updates :-)
And a couple more

Attachments:
3.jpg
3.jpg [ 42.96 KiB | Viewed 18489 times ]
2.jpg
2.jpg [ 45.43 KiB | Viewed 18493 times ]
Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:17 pm

Awwww she is such a little sweetie :) cluck cluck cluck!!!!!!
Congratulations again , what a lovely famiy photo too :D

Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:41 pm
Site Admin

Awwww leonie, well done, she is so sweet and you two look totally besotted.

ImageImage

Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:37 pm
Profile E-mail

aww Sabrina is a lil cutie!!! and the family shot is beautiful!! One to treasure!! I am starting to feel a little bit better so fingers crossed that next week I can some and see you.

Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:37 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

Oh your wee darling is beautiful! :love2: I love the family photo too, go the kangaroo cuddles!

Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:15 am
Profile WWW

She is sooooo cute!

Image Image

ImageImage

Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:34 pm
Profile E-mail

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!!! Can't wait to hear progress updates!

Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:03 pm

Oh Leonie, Sabrina is just a little sweetie :heart:

Its just so fantastic to see that she is doing so well, and I love the pic of the three of you :)

Take Care and I look forward to your updates.

Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:13 pm
Profile E-mail

Awww she is so adorable...please don't stop posting pictures.....she is too cute to not show off

ImageImage
http://lynne1.wordpress.com/

Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:32 am

how gorgeous - congratulations!

~*Mummy to now SIX angels ~ I miss you my babies ~

Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:21 pm
Profile E-mail

Awww what a gorgeous family photo

Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:54 am
Profile E-mail

Well! My wee girl is growing up. Today we hit 2kg! I think at the moment she seems to be gaining about 30g a day, which is fast adding up. We are quickly trying to get wear out of all those premmie clothes. Still in SCBU, and I doubt she'll be home for a few weeks yet. She has been misbehaving, doing silly things like random desats (for those of you who arent up with medical terms, that is when her oxygen levels dip a bit too low and she goes a funny colour) also she has had some desats with decrease in heart rate which is all a bit scary. Especially when she does it whilst being burped or having a nappy change :shock: Usually she can bring the oxygen back up by herself, but a few times she has needed help. Had a heart scan and it was fine, so they think its just residual damage from her lung troubles. Have also started breastfeeding, but were not very good yet, might need a couple more weeks of practice before we get it good enough!!

Attachments:
DSCF3014.JPG
DSCF3014.JPG [ 31.01 KiB | Viewed 18306 times ]
Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:32 pm

OMG she is just beautiful, CONGRATS to you. Just beautiful!! Well done you.

Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:15 pm

OMG!!! Sabrina is too adorable!!!

Sorry I havent been to see you yet, the kids have decided to give me the right run around with illness, and add to that I am battling hayfever at the moment and dont want to take those bugs into the SCBU, NORTY NORTY!!! I promise that once all of the dreaded lurgies have gone I AM coming to meet lil Sabrina!

and WTG for the breastfeeding!!!! Practice makes perfect and in no time at all it will be second nature to you.

Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:34 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

aaaaawwwww I wanna put her in my pocket!!!!

Image Image

ImageImage

Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:41 pm
Profile E-mail

Trust me Tracey, you do not want to do that :cry: The girl is an absoloute menace. We arent having the greatest time in scbu at the moment. Thismorning we rang to see how she was and she had been good, next minute the nurse was on the phone to me saying shed had 3 significant desats and was on oxygen and getting prepped for a brain scan :roll: So she had that and the dr said nothing major has shown up but were still awaiting the official report. Repeat chest xray showed her lungs still look hazy, also she has become anemic. This afternoon she is having a blood transfusion. It is all very stressfull but I am hanging in, hoping that the medicine they are giving her to rid any excess fluid will do the trick. Doesnt help when all the other babies in there seem to be in and out. Dont even have time to make any friends!!!

Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:47 pm

Sorry to hear things aren't smooth sailing for you at the moment Leonie. Sabrina will be fine though and before long you'll have her safe and sound in her own bed at home. I bet you guys can't wait for that day!

Thinking of you :)

Nat

Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:10 am
Profile E-mail

Hey leonie,

Sorry to hear that Sabrina has been having some hiccups along the way. I hope she is improving and not causng too many scares for her Mum and Dad. She is a real cutie :) Thinking of you all.

Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:33 pm
Profile E-mail

Hi Leonie
sorry to hear Sabrina's been having a rough time in SCBU, are you able to get any more kangaroo care with her? It is wonderful for stabilising wee bubbas, and the skin to skin is so beneficial.
Don't let them say you're *not allowed*. She's YOUR baby, not theirs :)

Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:11 am
Profile WWW

After 6 weeks, we are finally home with our little girl. It is the strangest feeling. Unfortunately breastfeeding has gone out the window and she is bottle feeding. Im still hoping that if I keep trying her each day that she might get it. It was just getting too stressfull for both of us. She had a really good day where she did every second feed, but the day after she was too tired, and shes never looked back. Each time we tried her she would just fuss and cry and kick her feet. Any tips???? Im determined to give her breastmilk either way. But bottlefeeding sucks. Also she gets a lot of wind and doesnt give it up. Makes her uncomfy in bed and shes noisy!!! Lucky shes so cute!

Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:27 pm

Hi Leonie,
Glad to see you're back home with Sabrina, what a journey! NICU isn't really the best start for breastfeeding, it can be REALLY hard so don't blame yourself at all hun. My best advice is to get in touch with your local LLL Leader, they are brilliant and will be able to suggest all sorts of sneaky tips and tricks to help both of you back to breastfeeding. They are *not* anti-bottle so don't be embarrased about that. It won't happen overnight, and you've had a more difficult introduction to it that most mums, but it IS definitely fixable :) The first 6 weeks of breastfeeding are the hardest, so you're almost there!

Lots of skin to skin with Sabrina, unlimited access to the breast, offer it to her if she so much as looks in your direction! The more skin contact you both have, the more your BF hormones will kick in and keep your supply up. Demand=supply. If she's being fussy, you could try breastfeeding her when she's drowsy. Also you can get a LLLeader to check your latch and positioning, there could be something really teeny that needs tweaking.

Feel free to say no, but please can I use your beautiful picture of Sabrina in your top, for my Slingbabies website? It is just lovely how she fits perfectly in there, and hopefully other preemie mums will realise they can do it too :)

Keep up the great work Leonie, your wee girl is so precious! And no matter which way you decide to feed her, you're a fantastic mum- don't forget that!

Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:03 pm
Profile WWW

Image WOO HOO YOU ARE BOTH HOME!!!! Image

Sorry I cant be of much help with the b/fing, but the advice that Jessie has given you sounds perfect!! I wish I had had the guts to contact LLL when I was b/fing Bayden, I would have done it for longer then, because I now know how easy it is with Jess being such a breeze.

anyhoo I digress...
I was brilliant seeing you and Sabrina the other day...(yes folks she is just as adorable in person as she is in the photos.) I am glad that Jess behaved while I was visiting Sabrina. The next time I am in town and have some time spare I will pop in and see you again.

Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:23 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

Jessie Im more than happy for you to do that. Will try the skin to skin later on.

Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:39 pm

Yay she's home!!! that's fanatastic!

Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:19 pm
Profile E-mail