It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:54 pm

Changed my avatar 

Post Re: Changed my avatar
Oh my lord that's large!! Anyway that's my first cuddle with my little man. I've got a couple more coming but I will see if I can make them smaller! Good luck to me!!

Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:47 pm
Profile E-mail

Sorry if they are still too big guys. For a young person I'm really not very computer savvy!!

cuddles with mummy

cuddles with daddy

my fave one of the three of us together. In the colour version I am very yellow and look totally crapola. This is the one where I said we were smiling because of something the midwife said but I can't remember what it is that she said

Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:02 pm
Profile E-mail

Your wee boy is so beautiful Nat :)
We were smiling in some of ours too, coz it's what you do for photos lol. Seems wierd now but we were in shock.

Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:51 pm
Profile WWW

It does seem weird but as you say shock takes over and we were running on very little sleep and I was pretty druged up on pethedine so with all those things we really had no idea what was going on.

I remember at one point the grief counsellor talking to me while I was still in labour and talking to me about holding Dreyton and stuff and I said I didn't want to hold him. But I was so mental at the time I didn't know what I was saying and the first thing I said after he came out (after I asked if he was a boy or girl because we didn't know) was "can I hold him". I was bleeding very heavily at the time so they didn't give him to me right away but I think I must have asked if I could hold him about 5 times before I got to. I said lot's of strange things that night/morning and I blame it on the shock, drugs and lack of sleep, plus I think I was kind of on auto-pilot. I kept asking Dylan how we were going to pay for the funeral and I asked someone at one point if we needed to put Dreyton in a carseat when we took him home! Dylan's Koro laughed and said "only an early childhood teacher would ask something like that". But it didn't really have anything to do with being a teacher, my brain was just going haywire and my mouth was saying everything I was thinking before I had time to process it for myself and come up with the logical answers. Haha I think the funniest one was straight after he was born I turned to Dylan and said "it wasn't that bad" meaning the birth part, after 10 minutes towards the end of telling everyone I couldn't do it anymore and nothing was happening and it hurt. Drugs!

Anyway that was a bit of a ramble! Haha

Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:00 pm
Profile E-mail