It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:26 pm

Your Thoughts......... 

Post Your Thoughts.........
My DD and I were wrapping pressies this morning, when she asked, who she should say the present is from on the gift tag, I told her it can be from everybody, me dad, her, and Caden, this is when it gets tricky, she goes on to say that none of the presents are ever from Riley!
Have to say it kind of stung (DD wasn't being hurtful tho) as I've never really thought about it too much.
Riley is a big part of our christmas and we have special little traditions that we do for him on christmas day and such, but I have to be honest and say that I have never even thought to give a present from him to the kids, in some ways I know that it would be upsetting (mainly for DH).
I don't feel like I'm excluding Riley in anyway, but it hurts to know that DD is affected by this :cry:

What are your thoughts, are any of your gifts from your angel.
I feel like I have somehow forgotten Riley :blue: Am I a bad mummy?

p.s. We ended up writing that the gift was from 'everybody'

Image Image

Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:59 am

What are DH's views on this?
Personally I would write from all the kids...and name them all!
I don't give pressies to my kids from our angel but ours was only at 12 weeks and feel cam didnt ever get the whole loss.
But if I had lost and meet my wee one I would be writing from angel.....and cam to charli etc...
Maybe if giving presents from angel bub is not a goer...then you could explain that their present is the gift of knowing and loving and watching your earthy family on xmas say..
Best of luck which ever you decided...think its probably gotta come from what you all believe is right and what is working in your family

ImageImage
http://lynne1.wordpress.com/

Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:11 pm

Jacqui, first of all huge hugs to you hun.
Now I am feeling like a bad Mummy too as I dont sign Julia's name on the cards for immediate family... dont know why I dont but it has just worked out that way.
I know what you mean by it isnt intentional, it is just something that has come about. Bayden has thankfully not asked that question, and I honestly dont know how I would cope with it either.
Not much help I know. Hope that you are feeling a bit happier soon and know that Riley will always be with you in your hearts and knows that you love him dearly.

Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:43 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

I just realised that I have contridicted myself in my post :oops: ah well just goes to show how confusing all this can be :cry:

Image Image

Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:17 pm