It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:24 pm

Celebrating (?) an Angel's EDD 

Post Celebrating (?) an Angel's EDD
My dear friend who lost her wee boy a few months ago is coming up to her EDD in early November. I asked her if she had any plans for the day, but she's not sure what she is 'expected' to do.

I was just wondering what you guys did to mark your EDD's the first time round? I can't really remember what I did, just sat around feeling sorry for myself I think :cry: .

Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:10 am
Profile E-mail

I didnt really do anything 'special' , i just had a quite day to myself, and reflected on what could've been, and remembered Julia.

Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:24 am
Profile E-mail WWW

I was still grieving really deeply and from what I can remember, I spent the day being quite angry that I had lost Riley.
I did go to the beach in the evening and sat in the car watching the stars and listening to a CD I had made in memory of Riley, and I just bawled my eyes out.

Maybe she could write a letter/poem to her angel or buy some flowers or plant, some jewellery or start some sort of tradition like buying something special eg: ornament, that can be continued on for each anniversary.
I am buying myself for christmas, another charm bracelet and will add charms to it each anniversary.

HTH

Image Image

Fri Oct 26, 2007 2:12 pm

We had a little ceremony with a couple of close friends and family, and scattered Maria's ashes. For us it was an important day to mark in this way because we hadn't had a funeral. We had also decided between the 2 of us that Maria's EDD would mark the time when we would start trying again for another baby.

Perhaps it's important for your friend to know that she can do whatever feels right, and not have others' expectations placed on her.

Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:26 pm