It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 3:14 am

Feeling Anxious 

Post Feeling Anxious
Hi ladies

Sorry I haven't been around much for the last few days, I have been feeling sooo anxious and the days have dragged like never before.

I had an early scan on Friday which worried me a lot as the initial dating was 5 wks 3 days and I was 6 wks 4 days. After a close-up shot with an internal scan the sonographer managed to get the dates up to 6 weeks but I really feel like she was just trying to make the numbers add up for me rather than measure scientifically. The one positive thing is that my baby did have a heartbeat...but then so did my angel for a few short weeks...

Now I know you will all think that an early scan really doesn't matter that much but the dates were 1.5 weeks out for my angel too and I feel so scared that it is happening all over again. Many people on the EBB have told me not to worry, even questioning how well I know my body but I have always had a perfect 30 day cycle (especially before my mc, maybe not so perfect after one cycle but back to 30 after 2 cycles if that makes sense). Anyway, how can you be 1.5 weeks out with a 30 day cycle and know when you BD'd that month to conceive and when you got the positive result? For my last pg and mc, I would have had to get a BFP at under 3 weeks. That is just not possible. Is it? And sperm doesn't live for 2 weeks before fertilising, does it?

As well as the scan on Friday, I was up all Christmas Eve and early Christmas morning on the toilet with a bowl!!!! I feel dreadful (which could be a good sign?!?) and feel soooo exhausted if we go out to visit anyone. I'm sure everyone notices that I'm not my normal bubbly self.

Not really sure what I am trying to say here but just hoped that you might read my ramblings and think of me and my little bean. I am really scared I am going to lose this one too and until Friday I had felt really positive and already built such a bond....I am trying to stay positive...Please just think of me. I have a long 5 weeks ahead of me...and then some...

Claire :(

Wed Dec 28, 2005 10:04 am

I posted you a message on the ebb, but I just wanted to let you know I'm thinking of you.
Being really sick is a very positive sign and having seen heartbeat makes this pregnancy even more positive with an excellent chance of a healthy bubs at the end of nine months.
I know it's hard not to worry so I will not tell you to not worry I just hope the next 5 weeks pass very quickly for you.

Take care
Jacqui

Image Image

Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:56 am

I posted to you on the EBB too.

Just wanted to say i am thinking of you and yes being sick is a good sign. The first trimester of feeling nauseous and tired is the worst!

Not that I am but if I were you, I'd get all the info I could as that would help me have a feeling of control over things and this decreases stress!

You are in my thoughts. Do keep in touch.
Melanie

Wed Dec 28, 2005 2:59 pm

Thank you so much for just listening to me...I really needed to vent.

Melanie - I completely understand what you mean about knowledge is power but I think sitting tight is probably the best thing for me at the moment. We went all out with the last pg getting hcg levels tested and several scans only to lose baby at 9.5 weeks (or 11 weeks post LMP). The testing was very stressful and although there were positive signs, they never showed me the excellent results I hoped for. I wish there was some way to know how baby was doing for sure but there really isn't and although anxious I am kind of holding my own (albiet slowly) if you know what I mean.

Thanks again for caring. I really appreciate it :)

Wed Dec 28, 2005 5:32 pm

Claire that sounds very sensible and wise.

Best of best wishes,
Melanie

Thu Dec 29, 2005 5:28 pm