It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:44 pm

I've Graduated! 

Post I've Graduated!
To this board!

Yay!

I tested last Tuesday, and those two lines came up, faint, but there all the same.

On Wednesday I looked for a midwife, and booked her in for Thursday at 2 pm. In the meantime I got a case of the panics, and went to the shop and brought another test - which was stronger and come up quicker than the one I did the day before.

Thursday, my midwife came around, she's just absolutely lovely. Gave me a form to get an altrasound done, which I'll do in a couple of weeks when DH is off work so he can watch Cameron, as he's a bit of a pain when it comes to sitting still. SO will be going on my own, but am keeping positive never-the-less.

We are a little unsure of dates, could be eight weeks or five-ish. We are probably only about five, but not sure if period was an actual period in Jan or an implant bleed - so the scan in a couple of weeks should clear a lot of things up.

Have been really warey about posting anything to date about this pregnancy so far - it hurt too much last time having to tell everyone there was no more baby. I was going to wait until baby was born - but I suck at secrets, and people hounding me all the time to see what the results were, and questioning my decision really annoyed me - and I figured if something happened - I need the support.

Was hard to believe at first, but is slowly starting to become more and more real each day. I worry that we are going to go through a repeat of last time, but I have to keep reminding myself that there is nothing I can do about it if it does - and that this is a different pregnancy - and this time the outcome is a baby.

We are trying to keep positive - at times its hard - and I worry about what the scans going to tell me - but yeah - you get what I mean.

So yeah, have been rambling on for awhile now, just thought I'd share here first - not comfortable doing it on any other boards yet - so please if you belong to other groups I do - no telling - that's my job - and I wanna keep it off there until we get past the safe (if there is one) period.

Cheers guys.

Telly

~*Mummy to now SIX angels ~ I miss you my babies ~

Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:57 pm
Profile E-mail

Yay Telly! I am so excited for you! Sending you sticky baby dust! I have had a bugger of a day, so it's nice to get some good news!

www.babiesonline.com/babies/m/mayadavis
www.babiesonline.com/babies/g/gremlins

Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:04 pm

Yah Telly....totally thrilled for you hun! Take care and with you all the way babe

ImageImage
http://lynne1.wordpress.com/

Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:14 pm
Site Admin

ha, I've already posted a reply to the exact message you left on ttc, but congrats again.

ImageImage

Tue Feb 14, 2006 7:19 am
Profile E-mail

Congrats Telly, I am really happy for you and DH and of course Cameron, getting a new bro/sis..... I hope you have an uneventful 9 months.

Take Care

Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:32 am

Congratulations hun. Thank you for sharing this with us all, You know we are here for you and everyone for that matter for the good and bad, but spreading good thoughts and huggles.
hehe You having a baby!!!

Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:11 am
Profile WWW

Congratulations Telly, what awsome news :)

Take care
Jacqui

Image Image

Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:52 am

Woohoo Telly thats awesome news, Big Congratulations to you and the family.

Huggles

Kim

Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:50 pm
Profile YIM

Yay Telly. Its about time! I am so thrilled for you and your growing family. Its scary, but a good scary eh? Well at least thats what I think about it.

Well done, and wishing all the best luck over the upcoming months.

Lizzie

Tue Feb 14, 2006 6:40 pm
Profile E-mail

That is such great news Telly - I have been keeping my fingers crossed for you and I'm so pleased your wishes have come true.

Best of luck for a very trouble free and relaxing pg.

Tue Feb 14, 2006 6:52 pm

We are really excited about it all - and waiting for that scan in a couple of weeks seems SO far away.

Lizzie - I know what you mean!

Having to go to the scan on my own will be hard - but like I said before - just trying to keep positive and have a really good feeling about it this time - and different from last time.

Thanks again for the congratulations.

Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:01 pm
Profile E-mail

Telly I am so pleased for you, I had been hoping that you would be able to join our board soon!

Sat Feb 18, 2006 8:19 pm

I chose this time to go straight to see a midwife, rather than go to the doctor and then a midwife, just seems round-about to me. Don't book in properly until we know what dates are, which will be after the scan, which will hopefully be on the 1st March. yeah, I am a little nervous, but I'm keeping surprisingly optimistic and positive, and i believe that's what's helping me through.

I know in my heart I'm going to be holding my baby soon - positive thinking hurt no one.

Sat Feb 18, 2006 10:01 pm
Profile E-mail

Well, after the past few days, I definately think we are further along than the dates we have. All very exciting, and soon we'll see my little baby.

I know things are still happening there - just by what my body's doing and how I am feeling.

Getting excited about the scan on Wednesday - can't wait.

Am really excited about this pregnancy so far - its helped me deal with some issues from the pregnancy that we lost last year.

Take Care,

Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:00 pm
Profile E-mail

Great news Telly - Looking forward to hearing about your scan on Wednesday. :D

Sat Feb 25, 2006 2:41 pm

Cant wait to hear how your scan goes babe.

Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:45 pm
Profile YIM

Good luck with the scan Telly! How cool it will be to see your little bean!

Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:49 pm

heY TELLY, how are you doing??? Long time since we had an update, guess you just taking it cautiously. Are you still in CHCH or have you made the big move back to AKLD....????? Sorry so many questions, have been thinking of you.

Ally

Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:45 am

Have been thinking about doing an update, but time seems to be of the essence these days.

Now that the heat is starting to die down with AirNZ's drama's, we are happy that we don't have to go back to the hole we call Auckland, and stay here in our new adopted home. Wondering about Mike's job has been a rather big stress, so glad that's gone, and in June he'll be made permanent at the CHCH base. June seems to be the date AirNZ has chosen to let it's redundancy people go. He clicked over 11 years service on the 20th March, so something he's quite proud of.

I've been steering pretty clear of the computer also, spending much needed time with Cameron and my beloved husband. We decided that we needed more time for Cameron (and for ourselves), and the benefits of its showing in his speech and his behaviour. So yeah, have only been popping on for a few minutes during the day or at night, but have been reading how everyone is going on here.

We went to Auckland a couple of weeks ago, was supposed to be for U2, but seeing as they cancelled, we decided to go anyway, we needed the break, and the flights were free and were there to use when Mike clicked over 10 years March last year. It ended up being FAR from a break - and were glad to get home.

I have also been rather sick, and have been confined to the couch. My glands popped up last week, and has been like two rocks on the side of my throat. That seems to have cleared up now, but whoever called morning sickness morning sickness is an a-hole. The only time I'm not hugging the toilet, or feeling nauseated is when I'm asleep. I can tell you too that there isn't a lot of that going on either - up at least five times a night to go to the toilet, then another couple of times to cover up Cameron because he's cold because this dump doesn't have any isulation and the landlord is prick.

Anyway, even though I have a rather nice looking bump at this stage, I've still managed to loose a lot of weight, so there isn't a lot of fat on me at the moment. I don't eat a lot, if anything, because usually when I do - I'm sick, so most of the time I give up, because what's the point when you eat, then be sick apart from wasting food? Mike said to me I haven't been myself for weeks, and I said to him I just feel constantly drained and particularly weak. That probably has to do a lot with the fact that not a lot of food is getting in.

Sometimes, I feel like I am swollowing rocks, and when I try to move anything, I feel sick - never-ending huh.

So yeah, has been a particularly hard slog to date, and I'm hoping it'll pass as time goes on, not hangs on like I know it does for some people. This pregnancy so far has been different from my other two. Cameron was by FAR easy street, not a problem, not even morning sickness.

Apart from that, I'm doing alright. Haven't told any family yet that we are expecting, but we will after next week.

I have a nuchal translucency scan booked for next Wednesday at 12 pm - so that will be cool, seeing a formed baby rather than a wee bean, he he. Will get a CD with pictures this time. Good timing really, because the old lady a little bro arrive next week, so that'll be cool.

If you have managed to read this far - then congratulations, I've rambled on for awhile here now. Camerons quiet - so can't be up to any good, so better check on him.

Cheers

Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:30 am
Profile E-mail

Glad to hear everything is going well - and sorry to hear about the ms! I sooooo know the feeling! I had been wondering how you were going!

Good luck for your scan next week!

Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:40 am

I'm so sorry to hear that you are feeling so unwell. It will pass, although you never think it will at the time. I will never forget how dreadful m/s made me feel too, and I also lost lots of weight in the first trimester. Now I'm a big fat 76kg's (67kg pre preg), so I'm sure you will catch up like me! :wink:

Hope you are feeling better real soon.

Lizzie

Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:02 am
Profile E-mail

Great to hear all is well. Sorry to hear you are still suffering badly from the dreaded morning sickness...it totally stucks A?
Yah for Wednesday and NF scan!!!! I can't wait to see a formed baby too! Post a pic so we can all cluck over your wee precious if ya can! Its so amazing how they grow so fast and the delevopment our wee ones do in such a short space of time.
Fingers crossed for you that the m/s leaves you soon so you can enjoy some food again!
Take care and thinking of you

ImageImage
http://lynne1.wordpress.com/

Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:06 pm

Sorry to hear you have been feeling like crap!! Have you tried acupuncure - it really helped my m/s (was not as bad as yours) but any improvement would be good right!?

All the best for the scan next wed.
melanie

Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:33 pm

Am starting to feel a lot better, am glad its starting to lighten up.

Looking forward to my scan next week, and feeling good about it. I am looking rather round and have a bump going on already - so yeah - exciting stuff!

Cheers

Thu Apr 06, 2006 2:08 pm
Profile E-mail

I'm pleased to hear that everythings going OK for you Telly, I hope the ms disappears really quickly! BTW I love your signature!

Fri Apr 07, 2006 11:38 am