It is currently Sun Apr 21, 2024 3:55 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 I've Graduated! 

Hehehe....I say keep the sex a secret....although it is quite hard sometimes to not just burst it out.

Claire :)

Wed May 24, 2006 8:44 pm

We are telling family, but not telling them the name. As to whether on the boards - I'll see how long I last as to what it is - lol

~*Mummy to now SIX angels ~ I miss you my babies ~

Wed May 24, 2006 10:06 pm
Profile E-mail

Take care
Jacqui

Image Image

Wed May 24, 2006 10:39 pm

I am glad to hear that all is going well Telly.
Jenn

ImageImage

Thu May 25, 2006 10:26 am

Things are going well - tummy expanding - sleep lacking - back aching.

Had MW last week, everything is going well, BP good, and the uterus and tummy measuring about right for the dates.

I have been told I am low in iron, and where it is supposed to be between 20-200, I am 12 - which is surprising seeing as I am taking elevit everyday.

Am pretty tired still, not sleeping well at night. Everything aches!

Can't believe its only 19 weeks to go - I am sure the time will fly!

Will update bump in bump thread

Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:58 pm
Profile E-mail

I have been put on iron tablets to keep my iron stores up. Is weird thou if you are taking elevit.

Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:44 pm
Profile YIM

i did forget to take them for a couple of weeks, but didn't think my stores would drop that much.

i've always had crap iron levels....

Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:25 pm
Profile E-mail

Try milo! It is fortified with Iron, the dietician at work recommends it to all preg ladies. I try to have at least one milk milo every day (good for the calcium too) and so far my Iron levels have been fine. I don't take any Iron tablets at all.

Lizzie

Wed Jun 07, 2006 6:33 am
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

Great to hear all is well Telly, I took Elevit too with both my pregnancies but was still lacking in iron, I've been told it's quite normal, vitamin C apparently helps with iron absorbtion...

ImageImage

Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:31 am
Profile E-mail

Thanks ladies for the suggestions - just might try em out!

Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:27 am
Profile E-mail

Have been emotional of late - doesn't take much to set me off - lol - moody telly

Have also hurt my back quite badly (did actually screw it 8 years ago - long story) so is causing me a bit of grief.

Midwife was supposed to come today, but cancelled because she was at the hospital, so postponed until next Tuesday.

My wee girl is sporting a very painful boot - and comes alive more at night when I am trying to relax. Last night she was pushing her foot up in my belly, and we could feel it - it was so cool.

Anyway, not much else to report on, apart from the fact I'm growing larger by the day!

Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:20 pm
Profile E-mail

Thanks for the update - you are having a girl - congratulations!

Now about your sore back, there are some very good cranial osteos in Chch if you have not already been - totallly safe for your baby and well its important you are comfortable as your tummy grows.PM me if you would like some names.

Cheers,
melanie

Wed Jun 28, 2006 6:35 pm

i haven't been to any no - not something i've looked into. I'm so used to just biting the bullet i guess.

i thought i told everyone i was having a girl - lol - we have names - but thats a secret - lol

Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:44 pm
Profile E-mail

Sorry to hear about your sore back. I have been to have a pg massage a couple of times lately and I am going back next week. I have had a really sore back as well and the massages do seem to help me sleep better. I joke that they are kind of on "GP prescription" because she was worried I was spending far too much money on doctor's visits and medication and not enough on looking after myself and my tired old body.

Great to hear all is well with your growing soccer star despite the aches and pains.

Keep safe.

Claire :)

Thu Jun 29, 2006 5:44 pm

Haven't had too much more trouble with my back - thank god - its such a pain in the ass having a permanently screwed back.

Midwife paid a visit the other day (after cancelling the week before) and everything with the baby seems to be ok. Am measuring right for dates, babes heartrate is about 130-140BPM and seems to be doing ok.

Midwife concerned about my HIGH blood pressure - which has a lot to do with how down and stressed I have been over the past couple of weeks. She suggested I go see a doctor, but yeah - I'll see.

Have managed to hurt myself three times - two of them I dunno what I did - I burnt my hand (dunno how I did that), I've chipped a bone or something in the lower part of my finger, and it really hurts (dunno how I did that either) and yesterday I jammed my hand in the draw talking to DH and its all bruised and raised. What WILL I do with myself.

Anyway, have been getting cronic heartburn, and still not sleeping very well. DS has decided its a good idea to jump on mummy at 3 am - so that doesn't go down well at all.

That's about all I have to update on at the moment.

Sat Jul 08, 2006 5:11 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

Hope you don't mind me giving you a bit of a tip. I had high blood pressure when I was pg with Trinity and a little with Loralei and my midwife suggested taking Omega 3 fish oil. It's not well known yet, but can help reduce blood pressure, and if it doesn't work to reduce blood pressure it's great for babys brain development and good for a whole bunch of other things too, so it's a win win really. She (my midwife) has a young son who was not concentrating in school and getting bad marks so she started him on it and he's improved greatly. As I said, it's not fool proof, but you can't lose really.
Sounds like your in the wars at the mo, hope things start looking up, take care.

ImageImage

Sat Jul 08, 2006 6:52 pm
Profile E-mail

Thanks for that info - just might look into it

I hope things ease soon too - I just can't seem to stop hurting myself lately

Sat Jul 08, 2006 9:06 pm
Profile E-mail

Telly just a thought when we hurt ourselves it can be a sign we need to slow down and take more care or ourselves (no one else can do that for us). You could think that you are taking care of your baby to be if you find it hard to slow down just for yourself!

Don't know if you are into it but meditating say on your breath can be a really good way of bringing you more into the present moment. then with that increased awareness you may be able to stop accidently hurting yourself!

Hope that helps!

Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:20 pm

Had midwife last Tuesday, and now on fortnightlys.

Blood pressure has come down, so that is good.

Been getting abdominal pains, that can last most of the day (so not Braxton's) and MW seems to think that it may just be stretching and baby doing whatever she is doing. I wasn't this big with Cameron at 38 weeks, so I guess explains a lot.

MW also said to me "don't you go ahead and have that baby early" which worried me a bit - seeing as we are going to AKL at the end of the month, don't want to be going into labour on the plane, and seeing as Cameron was nearly five hours from start till finish, we don't have the essence of time this time round...

Everything else seems to be going well, have to find a time to go and do my bloods and glucose thing, but is hard with Cameron who is into everything at the moment.

Still getting heaps of movements, I see this ones going to fit in here nicely when she is born!

Is hard to gauge how much weight I have put on, as the pregnancy weight I am putting on, is being outweighed by the weight I have lost....!

Have cut down to waking only once at night, so that's a bonus, time to catch up on some sleep!

Is hard to think that I'm 30 weeks today, and there's only 10 weeks, if that, left to go.

Thats about all I can think of to update at the moment...

Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:09 pm
Profile E-mail

Yah for blood pressure coming down telly!!! Wow your keen going away at the end of the month. Hope your little girl stays in there to last the whole trip and some more weeks too. A five hour labour with Cameron..no way that is totally unfair for the like of me who had a 2 dayer!!!!!! Lucky girl and yes I would be wondering how fast this labour will be for ya...oh well short and sweet with a beautiful package in the end! 10 weeks to go..not long now hun

ImageImage
http://lynne1.wordpress.com/

Tue Aug 08, 2006 5:56 pm

Well, like I said to Mike, they do have hospitals in Auckland, several infact, and none will turn down a woman in labour that's for sure! I talked to my midwife and she told me to take my notes, but I am reamining positive that I'll make it back to ChCh without my baby. If I do have baby in Auckland, then thats not the end of the world, just means we'll stay in Auckland longer, and come home later, perk of having cheap as flights (ahem $30 for three of us to fly there AND BACK). My mum lives there, so accomodation not a problem. Lol, have already thought this one through and through I'm telling you!

Is nice to be on the home stretch, and even though its shorter time until birth than it has been until this point, its still going to feel like the longest part!

Tue Aug 08, 2006 10:39 pm
Profile E-mail

I am very glad to hear about your blood pressure. Do you know how big she is yet? I hope your trip goes smoothly. I do think that you are brave too! I can't wait to hear about the new one and see some pics!

Jenn

ImageImage

Wed Aug 09, 2006 1:02 am

Well, I was quite confident about flying until my midwife came out with the 'don't you go having an early baby' and now its rocked my boat a little. I guess the only thing that keeps me going is the fact that Auckland has plenty of hospitals, of which i am familiar with. We go up on the 25th August, so just a couple of weeks, which means at that stage I'll be 32 weeks, and I'll be 34 when we return.

Not sure how big baby is yet, MW couldn't feel the baby when she was here last, my tummy can be quite firm at times, and this one know's how to run and hide. I am measuring right though for my dates, with my uterus and fundal (where they measure from down there to top of uterus - I hope i used the right term)measurements, so am happy with that.

Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:57 am
Profile E-mail

Sounds like things are going well Telly. And if you have bubs up here in Auckland we'll all get to come and visit lol!

www.babiesonline.com/babies/m/mayadavis
www.babiesonline.com/babies/g/gremlins

Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:24 am

Well, thought it was about time I did an update.

Things seem to be going well, but I am at the point at the moment where I just want baby out!

I am supposed to be seeing my backup midwife this week but she hasn't called to make an appointment yet, which is a pain because I have friends and family here for the next week and a half.

Don't get so many boots anymore, just shoves and movements. She still seems to prefer lying sideways or breech, but quite often sits with her foot out the right hand side, and boots anything that happens to rest of that spot. She definately moves more in the evening, with only some movements during the day.

I can't believe its only 28 days to go until my due date, am not sure I will make it that far though.

The amoxycillin i got from the doctors seemed to help clear my flu/chest infection up, which is good, I didn't plan on suffering for the next couple of weeks! My last doctor must have hated me because when i was pregnant with Cameron, she gave me nothing for the flu, and was miserable for weeks!

Mike and a friend are off to INXS on Thursday night, which I am bummed about. They got GA tickets, and I don't really want the risk of being pushed around being eight months pregnant.

U2 is coming up in November, and depending on where this baby shows her face, will depend on if I go or not! So there may be a U2 ticket to get rid of on TradeMe soon! I just don't wanna fly with her too young with her ears, but will address that when it comes.

I managed to get a whole nights sleep the other night, which was bloody fantastic, haven't sleep right through the night since about january/february!

Anyway, I must move, Cameron is rather quiet!

Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:16 am
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next