It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:28 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 I'm finally here 

Am still in one piece but I swear by the day is out bubs is dropping fast. Can't wait til this friday when midwife visits again to see just how far down she is now. the friday before last she was 1/5 engaged!!!!! EEEkkkkk
I feel like I will never make it to term but who knows..babies have their own wee mind in this department! As long as I have someone organised for my son to be looked after I will be happy, but hard planning in advance of 2 months for the just in case!!!!
Bubs is still very active when she wants to be and I feel like a whale even thought I am still measuring small for dates! But I know I will have a ood size bubs no matter what.
Have been feeling very seedy today...kinda like I wanna be sic but can't bring myself around to being sick..gross anyway. And my back has been sore on and off for the last week or so. Oh I don't know how the mums do it that put on 10-20 kg a pregancy
Opppss better go DP has cooked tea already and nicer when its hot to eat!..Yah I didn't have to cook for once.

ImageImage
http://lynne1.wordpress.com/

Mon Aug 28, 2006 6:35 pm

Glad bubs is growing well - will keep my fingers crossed that she stays put a good while yet! Hope you feel better soon!

www.babiesonline.com/babies/m/mayadavis
www.babiesonline.com/babies/g/gremlins

Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:07 pm

How are things going for you at the moment Lynne?

~*Mummy to now SIX angels ~ I miss you my babies ~

Mon Sep 04, 2006 5:22 pm
Profile E-mail

Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:47 pm

Gee its been too long since I have been on here an updated.
38 weeks I can't believe it nor do I really wanna go any longer but hey it has finely dawned on me I will be having a term baby and beable to take her straight home.....truely brilliant concept since I have Cam at home!
Over the last month or so I have been having heaps of pains and BH's that I swear was labour starting but no..all fake and still are.
The reflux is driving me nuts and can't wait for that to end., but good news is that I actually haven't been physcially sick for over a month!!!!
Baby is growing nicely and so is my tum..no stretch marks in site but I did finally take out my belly ring as it was bugging me some nights. I was measuring 32 weeks last week but veryone happy with my girls growth because I still am heaps bigger than i was with Cam. I obviously hide some of baby well (not that I think that).
Am finding myself getting alittle tempermental at times and having no patiences...hope that is just another sign that I want my body back to myself and this little one is getting ready to come out to meet us!
We have builders still invading our house t the moment with the new bathroom we are getting and a few other renovations going on in 2 bedrooms....totally expected them to be finsihed over a week ago but that will teach me for letting DP precrastinate for that long! Hopefully they out by the end of this week.

Well better carry on, finding it too uncomfortable sitting for too long, not that any position at the moment is comfy. Just wish my body knew how to sleep.....its the only unfair thing about pregnancy that gets me...you can't sleep when you really should be getting some before our wee arrivals!

Thinking of everyone too

ImageImage

Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:24 pm

Cant wait to meet your little girl.

Huggles
Kim

Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:22 am
Profile YIM

it must be good to be having a term baby huh rather than such an early baby.

That little angel will be here soon enough - i'm sure she'll be just perfect!

cant wait to meet her :)

Sun Oct 08, 2006 3:07 pm
Profile E-mail

Glad to hear bubs is still in there baking nicely - although you must be just about ready for her any time now! I know what you mean about the prem thing - everyone including my m/w and OB were convinced the twins would be prem so I've spent my whole pregnancy coming to terms with that and here we are at full term!

Hope you manage to get a bit of slep before bubs arrives!

Mon Oct 09, 2006 3:35 pm

Sounds like it's busy at your house with the builders doing up the bathroom/ bedrooms.. (and getting close to meeting your wee girl.)

looks like bub's is staying put... (as your get closer to due date?!!) :wink: atleast she isn't in a hurry like her brother when he was born,
as I cann't wait to meet my new niece & being an aunty to another baby girl :D & hope Cameron will love being a big brother. 8)

hugs

Rachel :wink:

Mon Oct 09, 2006 4:10 pm
Profile E-mail

Lynne, did I read on the EBB that you had a baby girl on the 12th, wohoooo congrats on baby Charlotte marie.

WEll done.

Luv Ally

Sat Oct 14, 2006 10:30 pm

I read that too :) Come post us a birth story and pictures girl! lol

Congrats :)

Sun Oct 15, 2006 3:51 pm
Profile E-mail

Well I am kinda back in the land of living!!!! With brand spanking new baby girl.
Charlotte Maree was born 12 October at 0.25 weighing 5lb 12oz.
Cam is totally in love with is new sister and was rapted to wake up on the morning of the 12th to Charlie speeling in the basinet. He didn't even know we had gone out!!! LOL.

Here is the birth story that I have posted on the other site for those who haven't read it...

Charlotte Maree Elliott born 0.25 12 October
I think it goes like this!!!

morning of 11th I woke up with 10min apart period like pains that just continued during the morning never going anywhere or getting stronger

9.00 on the 11th the same pains started again and continued along same path ...I was xting friends and staying I wish it would just get real so I could say something was really happening

10.30 Had a show and alittle bit of waters leaking when at the toilet. They timing of pains didn't really closen and the aches only become alittle more ouchy bt nothing to write home about. I still thought I bet its maybe acouple of days away..who knows!!

11.00 Rang midwife and told her I think things are sarting and just warning her that I may be whimoy and ring early in the morning wanting to go to QM way too early!

Went and had shower and after that about 11.30 it suddenly became a bit more ouchy and I just moving around the house like a speed walker!!! At this time I woke DP and said I might wanna go into QM son and he was like "what your in labour"....I had told him before he went to bed that I thnk it might happen tonight or tomorrow because of the show..he was in shock really.

11.45 and after a few swear words and DP not getting his coffee that he boiled the kettle for I rung the midwife saying it starting to get to me and I wanna go to hospital now! I still thought they were maybe about 5-6 mins apart but were unsure if it was 10 mins with me being a whimp inbetween. She said fine meet you in 30 mins..I pcked my bag and bossed DP out the door with my sister sleeping and door open ready for the morning with my son.

12.15 Arrived at hospital had a really painful contraction in the car outside hospital..so basically run upsides to QM delievery. Got setled into a room and m/w arrived 2 mins later to me speed walking again saying I can'tdo it....and its in my bum!!!!!
She just cruised around getting notes ready and just watching me abit. DP was I cold tell was thinking " OMG and we have this for ho long"....
12.20 Asked for something and then got offered gas which i stated did not work for me last time but would give it a go. MW wanted to see what was going on and had alook and basically threw and internal out the window as baby's head was peeking out already. Was kneeling on padded pillow against the bed...at this point I couldn't stand and felt like I had no strength in my legs either. Took 2 puffs to work out the gas an from then I didn't mutter a word!
Five minutes later at 12.25 Charlotte was born.....I was like "your kidding me "omg that was fast, did Ijust have a baby?"....as mw put baby on mat between my leg so I could meet her!
Got up on bed after thinking I actually may never have any strength in my legs again, fed her, and waited for placenta....
1.15 delievered placenta finally, fed bubs again and then had a shower at 2ish!
Ask if I was going to stay in hospital and I was like" so you saying I can go home"....so we choose to go home, had to wait the 2 hour period and finally arrived home at 4am, had a quick sleep and got up with Cam at 6.30 in morning to induce him to his new sister. He was totally in awe immediately and still is today!
I had only acouple of grazes and pretty felt fantanstic from the next day! No problems except my girl thinks the night time is daytime so we are just working out a few feeding and sleep time issues at day 4.
Am totally loving the whole recovery difference from going naturally with no epi, and actually having a healthy little 38 weeker baby and all being at hometogether at once!

We are now having some unsettled time at night mainly from 7-2ish with her either having wind problems or the start of the dreaded reflux !! Hope it is not the later like her big bro had! She is a total angel by the day with me having to wake her every 3 hours to try and break the night wakeness! LOL night owl like her mum I think!
She has put on 2oz since birth and hasn't donw the typical loose weight thing from birth so I guess her nigh waking has done some good!
Anyway better go read the rest of the boards updates since I haven't been around much!

ImageImage

Fri Oct 20, 2006 9:36 pm

heres a picture at 3 days old with proud big brother

Attachments:
Charlotte & Cam.JPG
Charlotte & Cam.JPG [ 32.26 KiB | Viewed 10327 times ]

ImageImage
Fri Oct 20, 2006 9:38 pm

She is gorgeous.

Fri Oct 20, 2006 9:54 pm
Profile YIM

Have already read your birth stor - but just wanted to say congratulations again - and well done - Charlotte is beautiful!

You did really well :)

Congrats!

Fri Oct 20, 2006 9:55 pm
Profile E-mail

Congratulations Lynne, Charlotte is so gorgeous

Image Image

Fri Oct 20, 2006 10:38 pm
Site Admin

Congratulations Lynne, she is beautiful, Cam looks soo proud :) Well done.

ImageImage

Sat Oct 21, 2006 10:32 am
Profile E-mail

Congratulations Lynne and welcome little Charlotte!!!!!

She is just beautiful :D :D :D

Sat Oct 21, 2006 2:01 pm

Huge congrats Lynne, and welcome baby Charlotte! She's two days older than my girls!

Sat Oct 21, 2006 2:26 pm

WELCOME CHARLOTTE!!

ImageImage

Mon Oct 23, 2006 2:48 am

Congratulations Lynne and thankyou for sharing your birth story - no you weren't being a wimp!!! You were probably in transition!!

Welcome to lovely Charlotte - I hope she settles better at night soon and that you are resting up during the day.

Sat Oct 28, 2006 7:07 pm

Thanks for the welcoming words for Charlie. She is still alittle unsetled but mainly alittle in the morning then it starts about 6 at night til she finally drops at 11!!!! Don't know how a new born can last that long awake!
Cameron is still a hypo little ratbag and we are waiting for that to settle alittle too as the novelty wears off of having a new sister and sharing mum and dad. Its not that he doesn't get our attention..its more he loves being centre of attention after 4 years of being an only child!
Charlie has grown abit but still alittle small to fit newborn clothes...haven't been able to weigh her since day 4 as she sleeps whenever the midwife is here!! And wakes within 15 mins of her leaving LOL! But I would say she must be nearly 6 pound.

ImageImage

Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:05 am

Attachments:
2 weeks old 1.JPG
2 weeks old 1.JPG [ 29.91 KiB | Viewed 10228 times ]

ImageImage
Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:06 am

What a tiny wee thing, they don't stay that way for long though.
Take care

Image Image

Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:36 am

Glad to hear she is going well though :) She is such a cutie!

I hope Cameron settles for you soon!

Sun Oct 29, 2006 12:02 pm
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next