It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 4:04 am

I am officially losing the plot! 

Post I am officially losing the plot!
I am so stressed and worried about whether this baby is going to stick that I can't work, I can't think straight, I'm losing the plot! My hCG levels looked good a couple of days ago, but after some discussion with my doc, she is not going to do another one at the risk of it making me even crazier!

I have a scan next Friday, so I just have to get thru the next 7 days. But every time I go to the toilet I freak out in case I'm bleeding, I keep poking my boobs to see if they still hurt, and I am stressing that I haven't felt as sick today as I did yesterday.

Even as I type this my logical brain is telling me I am being 100% ridiculous, but the crazy part of my brain keeps winning!

www.babiesonline.com/babies/m/mayadavis
www.babiesonline.com/babies/g/gremlins

Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:49 am

You are not being crazy, I have done and thought the exact same things as you and I'm sure many others experience these feelings too.
I have no great advice except that every day you pass is a day closer to meeting your little bubs.

Big (((HUGS))) and lots of Image

Take care
Jacqui

Image Image

Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:55 pm

I can totally sympathise with you, i am still freaking out about whether this bubs is gonna stay put, i too freak out when i go to the toilet and scared of what I might find. I also scrutinise myself to check i still feeling sick or my boobs hurt. But like Jacqui said we can only take it one day at a time.

Big hugs babe

Huggles
Kim

Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:29 pm
Profile YIM

Thanks ladies. I keep trying to rationalise things by remembering that my doc said I am at no greater risk of having another m/c than a woman who has never had one, but it doesn't always help!

It's good to know that I am not the only one! Now I just have to try and keep busy and get thru the next week.

Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:57 pm

Emma, big (((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))), sorry I don't have any words of wisdom, but I really hope that you have an uneventful 9 months and all the worrying is for nothing.

Take Care
Ally

Fri Mar 03, 2006 4:59 pm

All I can say is you sound pretty normal to me so hold on to that.

Keeping busy is good if you can focus on work - I spent lots of time playing weboggle when I was feeling crazy. Basically just forced my brain to concentrate on something else for a while. :roll:

Take care of yourself and feel free to vent whenever you need - we're always here to listen and it does help to share.

Claire :)

Fri Mar 03, 2006 7:22 pm

Emma you are definitely not going crazy, at 22 weeks pregnant now I am still having my days where I behave in the same way that you described. I don't think pregnancy is going to be a breeze for any of us who have lost little ones, like I've said before all the innocence is gone. I can't believe how naive I was when I was pregnant with Joel.

Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:22 pm

Thanks :) I have moments of thinking everything will be fine, and others of desperately trying to make myself feel sick so I know that everything is ok.

It's so good to know that I am not alone in my insanity tho! I talked to another friend yesterday who lost three pregnancies before she had her two sons, and went thru the recurrent m/c clinic which meant she had to have complete bedrest for the first 13 weeks. I can't even imagine how much crazier I would be if I was on bedrest all the time just thinking about all the things that could go wrong! I find keeping busy helps take my mind off things.

Off to buy some baby clothes at Dressmart this morning, maybe tempting fate, but maybe just trying to remind myself that everything will be fine with this bubs.

Sat Mar 04, 2006 8:44 am