It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 4:23 am

Hows all the preggie mums to be feeling? 

Post Hows all the preggie mums to be feeling?
Just in a horrible morning sickness day and wonder if you all are over that stage now...or the ones that are around the same are feeling alittle better.
Wot are you doing to help with the morning sickness?
I jsut said to a friend today...if I lose this one I am being totally ripped off for the amount or suffering I have had to deal with over the last 2 weeks.....why does it see so much worse when you have to look after another child? My poor son only gets such a short amount of time to zap my energy an then I wanna flake for the rest of the day.
Anyway, Hope you all are feeling well

ImageImage
http://lynne1.wordpress.com/

Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:42 pm

Hi lynne, sympathies on the m/s. I tried lots of things to stop the m/s but only time worked, the m/s finally left the house at about 14 weeks. I'm still getting the odd wave of nausea but nothing like it was.

I know what you mean about feeling ripped off for all the suffering you've been going through. I demanded heaps of investigations early on in this pregnancy because I just could not face another m/c after weeks and weeks of feeling crap. Also I've had two christmas's in a row pregnant which is really stink, no ham or champagne or fun christmas parties, you think at the time that it'll all be worth it in the end.........but well you know :( The energy thing is hard too, I don't know how anyone does it with a wee one around.

Take care lynne, I hope that you are feeling better today.

Lizzie

PS the second trimester is so much better, look forward to it!

Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:45 am
Profile E-mail

I guess I'm feeling much the same as you Lynne - ick! The morning sickness has definitely arrived! I found lemonade iceblocks helped when I was preg with Maya, had one this morning and still feel yuck.
I'm also with you on feeling ripped off if I lose this bub too - although I am headed down a completely different path with this pregnancy as my hCG levels never rose with the last one, so in theory, everything *should* be ok.

www.babiesonline.com/babies/m/mayadavis
www.babiesonline.com/babies/g/gremlins

Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:27 am

Forgot to say how lucky I am that Maya is in daycare three days a week - means I can sleep! I'm supposed to be working mind you...

Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:29 am

I am feeling great, am 23 weeks now and this morning my midwife measured me at 26 weeks - so I am not complaining!! I did not have morning sickness with this pregnancy but I did when pregnant with Maria. What I found helped were some pressure point wrist bands from the chemist. They are supposed to be for motion sickness but I found they were absolutely great for morning sickness.

My little boy Joel has just been sick with a tummy bug, lots of vomiting so I am really glad I am in the second trimester as I can't imagine how horrible it would be dealing with someone else's sickness when you don't feel that flash yourself!

I know what you mean about feeling ripped off after feeling crap. Maria was the only one I had m/s with and she was the one I lost...

Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:40 am

Maya mum- Pleased to see I have someone going along the same lines as me. Today I just feel awful but only visited the toliet once for you know what!!!
Alana and lizzie- Awsome news on feeling great.
Alana- Wow got a big baby in there hun....great measurements and lucky you for not getting morning sickness.
My son is normally in daycare or kindy 5 mornings week but on monday he strained or pulled his hamstring so I had to carry the 3.5 year old around..even to the toilet. This morning is the first morning he has gone back to daycare....Yah!! And lucky enough for me he hasn't seen me be sickyet so no why questions from him!
Haven't got a midwife yet so better get onto it lol
Hope you having a better day mayasmummy!

ImageImage

Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:47 am

Just lost the battle with breakfast - I'm sure I wasn't this sick this early with Maya. Bugger!

Lynne - poor you having to carry Cameron around! Mayahas just turned three and she is heavy enough! She's finding it a little difficult to understand why I can't/won't carry her around atm like I used to, but I figure it's about time she learnt to stand on her own feet anyways lol.

Alana - Glad to hear you are feeling well, and that bubs is measuring bigger than dates - that's gotta be a good thing!

Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:06 pm

I not feeling too bad, MS has eased off a lil and i just get it in waves now. The tiredness is what gets me the most esp this time of day :(

Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:46 pm
Profile YIM
Site Admin

I never really had much morning sickness, not bad enough to vist the porcelain, just a little nausea, same as I had with Trinity. Now I'm in the third trimester and on the home run, I'm sooo tired, it doesn't take much to nacker me out. All I can say is, I'm ready, bring it on, I've enjoyed this pregnancy more than I thought I would but am totally over it now.

ImageImage

Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:29 pm
Profile E-mail

Manda, when are you being induced? I forget. At least its cooler now!

Lizzie

Fri Mar 10, 2006 7:18 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

Being induced May 1st, still got 7 weeks to go, it seems everyone but me thinks thats not long :)

ImageImage

Fri Mar 10, 2006 8:22 pm
Profile E-mail

I remember when I was preg with Maya the last 10 weeks just seemed to draaaaaag. I hope it flies by for you Manda and your little girl is in your arms in no time!

Sat Mar 11, 2006 8:53 am

I take back what I said about feeling great - seems I have caught Joel's tummy bug and was up half the night throwing up!Does anyone have any idea how dangerous a tummy bug is to a baby? Baby is moving around this morning which is comforting but at what point do I worry about dehydration or about bugs passing through the placenta and harming my baby?

Sat Mar 11, 2006 8:54 am

Sorry to hear about the tummy bug. I had one earlier this week, luckily no throwing up or anything, just nausea and tummy cramps. I don't think you need to worry about it affecting the baby. From memory (going back to my student nursing days) if what you have is caused by a virus then the virus shouldn't be able to pass through the placental barrier. You are right about the dehydration thing though. I would try and have some of those gastrolyte drink things or apparently myzone sports drink is high in electrolytes so if you can stomach that go for it.

Manda - 7 loooong weeks! Well I've got much longer than that to wait if its any consolation :( . Havn't really enjoyed pregnancy much yet, always uncomfortable for some reason or other and I'm really looking forward to having some control over my body again! Are you on maternity leave yet?

Lizzie

Sat Mar 11, 2006 9:09 am
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

I remember when I was pg with Trinity I had a really bad stomach bug, my midwife said pretty much the same thing as Lizzie said and also the same about keeping hydrated, it's always good to call your midwife even for peace of mind.

Lizzie,
These last weeks are definatly dragging, I'm still working 1 1/2 days a week but even thats becoming a struggle, I have 2 weeks to go but I think I'm going to use my sick pay for my last week as my blood pressure is starting to rise, did last time too and I had to finish a week early, I really need the $$$ but it's becoming really uncomfortable working. Bring on May 1st.

ImageImage

Sat Mar 11, 2006 7:32 pm
Profile E-mail

Manda- Seven weeks to go..yah! Thatwas the best thing I had when having my son at 32 weeks.....not having to put up with that really tired stage when you heavy pregnant too....but in saying that I'd like tis one to stay inside alot longer.
Mayamumy- How have you been today? I hear you on lossing the battles somedays. I was contimplating not eating this morning as couldn't see the point. It comes down to do you wait until you have had your visit or see if eating helps not needing too!
Alana-Hope the bug had left you now and you can gt some liquids at least down you. That would be something I am ot looking forward to...DS getting sick while preggie or me getting sick too.....Can't it leave us preggie ones out, we have enough to deal with.
Today is the best I have felt in ages....kinda has me worried but then the boobs are still huge (well for me they are normally flat) and sore so thats all good. Kinda nice not visiting the bathroom today and actually eating when and wot I like knowing that it is probably going to stay!!!
Hope you are are having a great weekend...Take care

ImageImage

Sat Mar 11, 2006 9:32 pm

Lynne - not getting any better here :( I saw my GYN this morning and he prescribd me some Maxalon to try and avoid having to go to hospital for IV fluids like when I was preg with Maya. Haven't taken them yet, am just a little worried about whether they will hurt bubs, even tho I took them with Maya and she is fine, and my GYN swears they are safe.

Manda - Finishing work early sounds like a good idea. I had to finish 4 weeks earlier than planned which sucked as like you we needed the $$$, but it gave me so much more time to rest and look after myself and bubs. The downside was that the time crawled by so much slower when I was at home all day...

Alana - Hope you are feeling better! Tummy bugs suck!

Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:39 am