It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:35 am

Morning sickness!!!! Or should we say all day!! 

Post Morning sickness!!!! Or should we say all day!!
OMG I have never had morning sickness this bad before!! With my son I use to vomitted once a day and then feel prefect for the reat of the day. I remember one day in the whole pregnancy where I felt like crap and needed to go to bed. But this time round it has hit me like a tonn of bricks. For 3 days I couldn' get anythng into my stomach without havi it returned plus more.....gross and was soooo tired. The scnner yeserday was lucky I managed to keep the water down to give a semi full bladder! But admitt it came up as soon as I left!!!
I have had a good weekend the one just been where the only sign of pregnancy was the sore boobs and slight bloatines feeling in tum. Then today I feel good with no vomitting at all and have actually kept all food down....woohoo.
Its it funny how when we have nothing we get parnoid but to get this much also freaks me out that bubs is not getting enough to jkeep going. Like the vomitting bit...can hurt my tummy!!!
Oh well its like a box of chocolates at the moment..
I never know how I will wake up feeling like!

How are you all going with it? And for those that it has gracefully left you now , how did you cope.
Was thinking of asking the midwife for something to help with the vomiiting as it is so hard looking after my son and not been able to cope with my own sicknesses!!!

ImageImage
http://lynne1.wordpress.com/

Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:36 pm

Sorry to hear you are feeling so poorly at the moment. You sound very similar to me a few weeks/months ago but fortunately I was able to rest quite a bit and keep most of my "vomit" down despite massive nausea. I too felt so sick at my early scan and even had to take a bowl with me!!!!!

I found the best remedies this time (so much more extreme ms than with my last 3 pgs) were:

Enerlyte drinks - similar to Gastrolyte but cheaper and nicer tasting. I was prescribed 4 a day by my doctor (heaps cheaper on prescription and visit was free). Like any drink, you just sip away to try to reduce the risk of vomitting and the bonus is that one small Enerlyte drink is equiv to quite a bit of normal fluid/water in terms of hydration.

Peppermints - especially oddfellows because they last a long time. I still stick one in my mouth when I leave the house in the morning and they always help with the nausea as well as give a bit of a sugar boost. When I was really bad I had a packet in my handbag and one in the car.

Eating very small amounts of whatever you feel like at the time and never eating anything because you think you should. I have been reassured many many times that early pg is the time to do what's best for you (within the safety guidelines of course :) ). As long as you are not having ice cream for breakfast, lunch and dinner you'll be fine.

Oh and carbs are great for the stomach. They sit really well and take little effort for your stomach to digest so dig into the breads, crackers, biscuits, potatoes (including hot chips!!!!), noodles, pasta etc.

Resting whenever you can - I still try to get in some kind of nana nap everyday and feel dreadful by 5pm if I haven't had one. This is easing a little but I always feel REALLY nauseous if I am tired and find my sleeping at night is disturbed by toilet stops and even hunger sometimes. My older guy is fairly self-sufficient as long as he knows where I am and my younger one goes to bed too so that is how it works for me. Perhaps a video for Cameron or a collection of toys and then you have a quick sleep on the sofa. Ignore the chores - they will still be there when you wake up.

Ask for help - Find anyone and everyone who will listen to you "moan" and see what they can do to help out. Even if someone could take Cameron to playgroup once in a while so you can have the morning off. You'll be surprised how much help you will get if you just ask.

Talk to your DH about how you are feeling - I'm not sure what your DH does for a job but mine is a office worker so was able to do a fair bit of work from home to allow me to rest and he also cooked dinner every night (still does in fact). During the really bad days, he even got some of the boys lunch ready in the morning before work like cruskits, crackers, raisans etc. so I didn't have to spend too much time in the kitchen - my major vomit/gag place in the house.

Anyway, I hope this speel helps you - I tried the usual remedies like Blackmores Morning Sickness Tablets etc. but they just didn't seem to make any difference this time?!?

Oh and if you're brave you could always try acupuncture. I have heard it can be an instant cure for some people. :)

Last edited by BeesNees on Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:22 am

Oh Lynne I'm sorry you feel so miserable. But you're not alone - I am feeling pretty revolting too. I did have morning sickness this bad with DD which only depresses me - with her it lasted until around 25 weeks! I ended up at the docs yesterday getting dehydrated from not being able to keep any fluid down. They gave me a shot of Maxalon and some suppositories (can't keep pills down) but they don't seem to have helped much.
Am lucky that Maya is at preschool all day 4 days a week so she isn't getting too badly neglected, but I have her home today, she has swimming lessons and ballet later on, and I am quietly wishing I could curl up and die instead.
So I can relate! I just wish you weren't suffering so much this time round!

www.babiesonline.com/babies/m/mayadavis
www.babiesonline.com/babies/g/gremlins

Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:23 am

Hi Emma - Sorry to see that you are really unwell too. Did your doctor suggest a rehydration drink? I found them to be the best "help" for my ms because I was in a huge cycle of dehydration - headaches - nausea and getting rehydrated made all the difference. :D

Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:30 am

I had extreme ms with Riley and ended up in hospital, which for me was the only way to get on top of it.
But what I found helped once I was home was Pyridoxine (Vit B6) and Thiamine (Vit B1), also the dry cracker and some kind of drink in the morning before getting out of bed worked wonders, I still felt sick and was sick a few times but it was never as bad as before I was in hospital.

Hope you all start to feel better soon, and take heart that the ms is a good sign of a healthy pregnancy

Jacqui

Image Image

Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:40 am

Thanks guys! I felt like crap this morning and vomitting constantly...but then I decided to try the old gingernuts and believe it or not..no more vomitting!!!! Still feel off but better than been stuck to the loo. So lets see how the rest of the day goes. I have gran picking up Cam this afternoon to take out. She doesn't know I'm preggers yet but I am looking forward to it.
My son is not the type of kid to sit still longer than 5 minutes so the video thing doesn't work..lol. Thats probably why it is harder on me at mo. Anyway..tday is a good day so I won't complain.
Emma- Gee I complain and you are having it harder. Wishing you better soon too hun!
Jacqui- Wow you had the works too with Riley..poor thing! Good when you fine something that helps though. Did you suffer as badly with Kairyn?
Deanie- Thanks for your hints..they are warmly welcomed...anything is!!! Will give them a try if it continues...Yuk don't like that gastrolite stuff so good to hear there is something else out there similar that is better tasting.
Hope everyone well today!!

ImageImage

Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:48 pm

My MS was the worst this time round but I can say, I havent vomited and it has eased off a lil, no more all day sickness just get it in waves.

Hope the rest of you are taking care.

Huggles

Kim

Thu Mar 16, 2006 3:25 pm
Profile YIM

Claire - My doc has recommended the MiZone sports water - apparently it contains the right vitamins minerals etc. I had been to the chemist over the weekend and gotten some seabands and some gastrolyte but it tasted so foul that I couldn't keep it down. But will ask my doc about the Enerlyte, thanks!

Jacqui - I feel you on the hospital thing - I ended up there when I was preg with Maya and am determined to avoid it this time round if I can at all!

Fri Mar 17, 2006 10:59 am

Well I think I haven't vomitted for 2 or 3 days now...gotta be a record for me at the moment...LOving it but it is making me nervous that I can go from thinking i need something to stop it, not not really feeling too bad. Meet with midwife on tuesday so will be talking to her about it.
Gee i am not happy with any situation lol....wish we could go back to the innocence of just enjoying pregnancy like the people who have never suffered loss before!!
Maya mummy- Hope things are improving for you...how have you been feeling? My friend drunk mizone all the way thru her pregnancy and it helped her heaps.

ImageImage

Sat Mar 18, 2006 9:27 am

I haven't been round for a lil while and then just read this, hun hope that you start to fee better soon.
I had severe MS with Kita and Eden, not as bad this time but still get waves even now!!
I have not useful info for you cause all these lovely ladies ahve just about dished it all out. Just wanted to say that I really feel for you and that you will get there.

Sat Mar 18, 2006 9:45 am
Profile WWW

Yay Lynne - I hope the feeling better continues! I soooo know what you mean about panicking - in the random moments that I feel better I worry about the same things. The mizone seems to be helping, but I am so over it, the taste makes my stomach turn. And to make things worse I have a UTI, and my midwife has put me on prophylactic antibiotics from now until this baby is born which seems like a loooooong time!

Sorry to moan so much - I feel guilty moaning all the time coz we want this baby so badly.

On the up side, Pumpkin Patch had 3 packs of short sleeved singlets for $10 each which is awesome so I bought two sets this morning. Yay!

Sat Mar 18, 2006 1:32 pm

Hey Lisa....that sux you still have alittle m/s on and off...betteroff sometimes than not at all.
Mayamummy- Awwww PP shopping already, lucky you. I am too scared to go there for a baby shop but can't wait til 12 weeks and hopefully another scan and then you can guess where I will be! LOL on the mizone doing your tummy in. the things we do A? Sorry to hear you have a UTI , why the antibotics until bubs is born..would a couple of weeks on them not clear it up?

Today I have felt ok....wondering weather I really preggie.oh i want another scan, but on the up side my tummy starting to feel hard lower down where bubs should be so that is one thing I never felt last pregnancy.

ImageImage

Sat Mar 18, 2006 6:59 pm

Lynne - it's a very long story, but I have had probs with my bladder since I was a kid and when I was preg with Maya I got a UTI that wouldn't go away and lasted 18 weeks - ouch! So they put me on the prophylactic for the rest of my pregnancy with her. My m/w wanted to start me on them again this time straight away, but I assured her I was fine - good old Murphy's law - got a UTI the next day. So now it's back to the daily dose, blech!

I do feel a bit like I am tempting fate buying baby clothes already, but I was in Patch buying bits and pieces for Maya and couldn't resist. And the funny thing is I bought heaps of stuff really early for Maya, but somehow never got around to getting anything for the bubs we lost, maybe I subconsciously knew? Who knows - I drive myself crazy lol!

Sat Mar 18, 2006 7:57 pm