It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:59 pm

When to tell times 3??? 

Post When to tell times 3???
When have/did you guys start telling perople of your pregnancy?
Who do/did you tell early for support etc?
And when do you tell you little kids that a brother or sistr is coming along?
I have told my DP lol..., best friend, 2 sisters, and coffee group mums times 4 but haven't even told my mum and dad ye(wee not that close) and DP not told his parents(that I know of). I haven't told my nearly four year old incase I lose this one...think its kinder on him if he doesn't deal with another loss as he did well but was hard when my sister lost her babe at 23 weeks. He meet his cousin but cried coz they couldn't play anymore. Plus I think waiting 40 weeks for a brother or sister is too much for that age too.
Wot do you guys think?
I wanna spill the beans to everyone but know I didn't get the support from certain people after my loss so can't be bothered being pissed at them again just in case. I had to tell the preschool that my son goes to as I relief work for them and was feeling really sick when they rang me twice. Didn't want them to think I was fobbing them off. Oh and I hate the thought of jinxing the whole thing...LOL can someone prescribe me a chill pill fast!!

ImageImage
http://lynne1.wordpress.com/

Sat Mar 18, 2006 7:07 pm

Hun, if I find a Chill Pill I'll pass it on (after I've taken half a dozen or so!)

I haven't told my parents yet - they are not going to be over the moon as they don't like my DP. YOu would think that after 7 years together, and having had Maya they would be over it, but no, he is too old and too Maori for their liking. So I will tell them around 12 weeks when I am a little more secure (I didn't tell my Dad I was preg with Maya till I was 18 weeks, but they live in Aust so it wasn't hard to hide). They were there when I m/c at New Years tho, so hopefully they will be a little happy knowing that this bubs is what we really want.

Maya 'kind of' knows - I have been so sick, I just told her the baby is making Mama sickies. And she told Willie today that we bought presents for the baby "bugger - I wasn't going to tell him!". But she's that much younger than your little man - I don't think she is really that interested either way.

Otherwise pretty much everyone knows. It was hard to hide at Maya's preschool when I threw up one morning dropping her off, and my friends were all really supportive when I m/c so I know that I will have their support again. Was a little bugged with Maya's godmother - she was there for me from day one with Maya, was there at the birth etc. but with this one she is kind of anti. I think she thinks it happened too quickly, and when I started spotting early on she got mad that I was upset because she didn't think I should have gotten pregnant so quickly if I "couldn't handle losing it". But then she doesn't have kids, so I guess I cant expect her to get it 100%.

Anyways, sorry for the ramble... and this probably doesn't even help you after all of that...

www.babiesonline.com/babies/m/mayadavis
www.babiesonline.com/babies/g/gremlins

Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:04 pm

Most people know, I havent told my girls yet, will once i have the scan on monday. But i think everyone else knows that should know.

Sat Mar 18, 2006 10:33 pm
Profile YIM

I told everyone fairly early on this time at around 6 weeks. It seemed silly to wait. I waited until 12 weeks last time, and then ended up loosing the baby at around 14 weeks, so we had to tell everyone about the m/c anyway. My sister and mum were really disapointed that I hadn't told them sooner the first time.

I didn't tell anyone at work until about 19 weeks, because I work with lots of regular patients and I couldn't stand them all knowing if I'd had a m/c. Just yesturday it dawned on two of my patients (who I see 3 times a week) that I was pregnant! Amazing what a big shapeless uniform can hide.

I agree with you lynne that maybe you should wait a bit to tell your little man. Sounds like loosing his wee cousing was really sad for him.

Lizzie

Sun Mar 19, 2006 3:51 pm
Profile E-mail

I have told my close friends and family only, but I think that my coworkers suspect now. It is just so different this time around.

ImageImage

Sun Mar 19, 2006 4:20 pm

Tanks for the replies...I feel bad keeping it from one of my best friends but I am too be bridemaid for her in Oct about a week before my due date...LOL so really don't want to confuse the situation if things go to custard or if they don't either. As I had Cam early it could still be possible to be with her on her day but at the moment I just feel I don't wanna jinx myself.
But I agree with you Maya mum - in that I too brough early for Cam. But I was buying nappies for last pregnancy in the weekly shopping and ended up giving them away to my friend who looks after kids in care pre adoption.
Cam is really sensitive too about Ethans death and talks about his aunty being abit sad and sometimes happy. We had a weird conversation about babies dying in the car the other day...it is surprising what he has taken in with his passing.
Wot makes me wanna tell the world is that we have now got over the period of when my last one stopped growing with a great scan but every pregnany is different..just like every child. LOL so not only do it need chill pills I need better positive pills..LOL

ImageImage
http://lynne1.wordpress.com/

Sun Mar 19, 2006 8:28 pm