It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:10 am

Update time 

Post Update time
It's been awhile since my last update, and thought that while I have a quick couple of seconds, I'd do an update.

About three weeks ago I had my M/W who informed me that I have extremely low iron, but everything else is going well. Since then I have been taking more of my vitamins and what not, so hopefully that's helping.

Cameron and I have shared the tummy bug between us now for a couple of weeks and it sucks. DH has been lucky to steer pretty clear until today where he is now home with a cold.

Haven't been sleeping any better, have still be waking quite frequently through the night, and it puzzles me to no end. I don't drink caffine to close to bedtime or eat too much. I'm not waking to go to the toilet, or because of the baby or cold, I just get sick of listening to the news on the hour every hour. It's certainly taking its toll, and my family seem to be taking the brunt of it, seeing as my fuse is a hell of a lot shorter with the lack of sleep and rest.

Last week i didn't have a good week, and actually broke down in tears in the car when I got lost trying to find a place to take Cameron to gym. I was that frazzled when I turned up, that I didn't end up staying long. Cameron had taken a flying leap onto my tummy the same day, and I felt it for days on end, man was it sore. Since then, I have had at least two more days like that one.

I'm finding it so hard at the moment, and when I get really upset, I start feeling a lot of weird things that I don't think I could be feeling :?

When I'm upset and stressed, this wee madam boots the living daylights out of me and it really hurts.

Other than that, the pregnancy is moving along, and so is my girth. I'm feeling rather large, and find I can't be upright for long! I have my mw visiting next week, can't believe how fast this time is going.

Anyway, have ranted on a bit now...!
[b][i]
[/i][/b]

~*Mummy to now SIX angels ~ I miss you my babies ~

Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:21 am
Profile E-mail

So sorry things are not all going well for you Telly, but I am glad to hear the pg is fine. I don't really sleep either and I find I listen to the radio most of the night. I don't think it helps, but it keeps my mind from thinking awful thoughts. Then I am so tired that I usually fall asleep in the afternoon or early evening, which doesn't help me sleep through the night either. I hope you get some sleep soon.
Jenn

ImageImage

Mon Jun 19, 2006 12:36 pm

Big hugs Telly. I hope things improve for you soon.

Mon Jun 19, 2006 12:48 pm
Profile YIM

Welcome to the 3am club! I have been struggling with sleep over the last few months as well. It really doesn't help the mood eh? Sleep deprivation is the worst thing and it frightens me that it'll only continue when bubs arrives. At my antenatal classes we were told that one of the natural steroids that our body produces during pregnancy acts a bit like morphine. So you end up with racing thoughts and that fidgety thing which makes it impossible to sleep. It helps me to be able to justify it in a physical way.

At least everything with your wee one is going well. Hang in there, it'll all be worth it when you get to hold that baby in your arms.

Lizzie

Mon Jun 19, 2006 2:24 pm
Profile E-mail

Pregnancy is not always all it is cracked up to be, is it? But, as you already know, it is well worth all the pain and discomfort when you hold that little bubs in your arms.

I hope you get a good night's sleep tonight - have you tried listening to calming music rather than the radio when you wake at night? You might also want to get up and have a warm cup of milk or a bath. I'm sure my neighbours think I'm insane wandering around with the lights on because I'm having a bath at 1 or 2am in the morning. It really works though and the time spent having the bath is always only a portion of the time I would have spent tossing and turning in bed.

Best of luck

Claire :)

Mon Jun 19, 2006 4:42 pm

This pregnancy is so much different from Cameron, its unreal.

I wish I could get up and have a bath - this place is such a dump (trust me) that I can't even fit in the bath, it only just fits Cameron and he's two.

Have been trying to hunt for relaxing music to listen to at night, but not having much luck.

I don't have much trouble getting to sleep - its being able to sleep right though.

Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:38 pm
Profile E-mail

Sorry to hear you are havinga hard time Telly - and I feel you on the fat and pregnant thing! I too am having trouble sleeping, I'v efound a tripillow between my knees running up my tummy helps me get comfortable, doesn't neccesarily help me fall asleep but at least I am well supported.

Does Cameron go to kindy? I live for the afternoon naps I ge twhen Maya is at preschool.

www.babiesonline.com/babies/m/mayadavis
www.babiesonline.com/babies/g/gremlins

Tue Jun 20, 2006 12:44 pm

Hi Telly - as Claire said a warm milk drink when you wake, or a banana if you are not into milk. Either provide tryptophan which gets converted into serotonin in your brain and relaxes you and helps you nod off again.

I am presently the sleep queen and am having a hard time not yawning most of the day (when not sleeping) - I'll share this sleeping ability with you if you like!

PS: Telly thanks for the ticker link things but somehow I can't get them to even link me up to the sites! Maybe the internet is having a hard time of it lately and wants a rest? Will get my bro in to help me when he's not too busy!

Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:22 pm

Thanks for the suggestion! Is quite hard to get out of bed for anything here, as this house is freezing (is a dump and doesn't retain any heat) and is colder inside than out - which is tough when its' -2C outside!

Interesting those sites don't work for you - maybe site throwing a wobbly.

Wed Jun 21, 2006 12:38 am
Profile E-mail