It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:58 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Bridget's Pregnancy 

Bridget you are in my prayers at the moment. I reckon the last few weeks are the hardest, it's awful when it feels like having the baby inside is more dangerous than outside.

Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:47 am

That is just exactly it alana. I do feel safer with the baby outside then inside at the moment. I have pretty much made it thru the 35 week mark. Going in for a NST tomorrow and again thursday. I should be making the final plans with the dr. on one of the days about what date we are doing the amnio next week. I was told it takes about 5-6 hours to get the amnio results back, but once we do then we'll schedule the induction.

I finished working this past weekend at the hospital, so now I'm officially on maternity leave. It was pretty funny....I was haveing contractions while I was at work in the emergency room, and all my patients kept saying "well at least your in the right place". I had to laugh, because yes right place, but wrong hospital (I'm not delivering at the hospital I work at). But I made it thru and now I can rest at home and start getting things ready. The one thing nice about where I work, is that we get 16 weeks of maternity leave, so I won't be going back till mid May.

The baby seems to be very active which has been very reassuring, but I keep freaking out wondering where and what the cord is doing (Tyler died of a cord accident). I'm trying to be postive, but at times it seems so hard.

Melanie...I've been thinking of you tons, and know exactly how your feeling right now. Only a few more weeks, we can do it!!!!!!

Bridget

Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:55 am

Wow Bridget cant believe it nearly time to meet your baby!
Rest up well on your leave now hun, and sooo can't wait to see a picture of your beautiful babe
Hugs and take care

ImageImage
http://lynne1.wordpress.com/

Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:13 pm

Well my amnio has been scheduled for next tuesday morning. I should have the results of that tuesday afternoon or wednesday morning. Then if the results are ok, I'm being scheduled for induction thursday morning.

I had a NST today which went well, and also a biophysical profile (we watched the baby practice breathing on the ultrasound monitor). It was pretty cool to watch, but it takes a long time, because the babies don't practice breathing that freaquently. It took my little one about 10 minutes to show us what he/she can do.

The dr. is able to tell what we are having, but I stood my ground and still am letting it be a surprise. I just know I would have freaked if he said it's a boy (and I do have a feeling it's a boy), but then again, I was wrong with my other 2 kids.

So now I just need to keep busy the next week, so that I don't drive myself crazy with worry. I'm such a worry wart by nature anyhow.

Hope all is well with everyone, I love seeing all the pics of all your cute babies. Can't wait till I can post some of my own.

Bridget

Last edited by TJMom02 on Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:44 pm

Great to hear your little one is all good :)
Wow this time next week you could be all snuggled up to your precious bundle, I can't wait to see the pics, so I have my fingers crossed that the amnio will give you the all clear to go ahead with the induction.

I know how hard these last couple of weeks are before you have bubs, but as the other girls have suggested, just try to busy yourself, easier said than done, I know :) I wish I had some great advice for the night before your induction, because for me I just couldn't sleep I was so excited, scared but really excited :D

Take care and I look forward to hearing all your news
Jacqui

Image Image

Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:04 pm

Bridget its all happening for you this week by the sound of it and it may be that crazy combo of scary and exciting and hope and dread (well that's how I feel it anyway!).

Sounds like you are being really well monitored and hopefully the amnio results on Tuesday give you the all clear for induction on Thursday.

I look fwd to hearing how it is going for you and seeing your baby safely in your arms.

Best wishes,
Melanie

Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:56 am

Best of luck with your amino on Tuesday Bridget - I'll be thinking of you.

Take care

Claire :)

Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:57 pm

I just can't take it anymore....I'm stressed way beyond what I should be. Here I am, 4 days away from having my new little bundle in my arms....and it's just 1 blow after another around here.

First off, last week ended with Josh and I having to go to a funeral on friday night. One of Josh's coworker's 16 year old son died of brain cancer. Now the only thing I could think about was how I was at this 16 year olds funeral and I'm 36 weeks pregnant....I would have been 36 weeks pg when I had TJ's funeral. It was so hard to see Josh's coworker (this child's mom). The sullen look on her face reminded me of what I looked like a year and a half ago. She hugged me so hard and said "I know you know what this feels like". I sure do know what it feels like.

Then the next blow came sunday during lunch. Josh's mom invited us over and Josh's 2 grandamas were there. Somehow the 2 grandmas starting talking about how many great grandchildren they have. (I should also let you know, Josh's sister is also due now, so there will be 2 babies coming soon). Anyhow the 1st grandma said well 'with these 2 new ones coming, I'll have 8 great grandchildren". I started adding the kids up in my head and thought No this will make 9 great grandchildren...then I realised, she didn't count TJ. Well then Josh's other grandma states, whith these next 2 babies coming this will make 10 great grandchildren for me.....then looks at me and winks and says "I still count little TJ....he's still a part of my family". THANKYOU GRANDMA #2, at least someone counts my son as being a part of the family.

THen grandma #1 says...."OH well if you count CJ, oh wait I mean TJ, then I guess I'd have 9 greatgrand kids, but I don't really count him". First off she got his name wrong and then in front of me states she doesn't count him in. What the HELL?????

She then procedes to state that she and grandpa never counted Katie as a grandchild because that would have given them 13 grandchildren....and they are superstitous about the number 13 so they don't count her. Now Katie is a grandchild of theirs that died 30 years ago of SIDS. Katie was 8 weeks old when she died. So what....your now superstitious about the number 9, so you won't count TJ as a great grandchild???? I don't get it...you would think after loosing a granddaughter so many years ago, they would be more apt to understanding what a devastating loss TJ was to JOsh and I, and would be more sesnsitive to what they are saying.

I should add though.....this is not the first time this same grandma has said something to disclaim my son. She keeps hoping that this new baby is a boy, so that Josh and I will have 1 of each....I ALREADY HAVE ONE OF EACH......YOU JUST CAN'T SEE TYLER!!!!!!!!!

SOrry guys for the long ramble and vent.....but like I said....I'm 4 days away from delivering this new little one, and I needed to let some of the stress out. I haven't gotten a wink of sleep tonight because I keep hearing her say she doesn't count TJ.

Maybe now I'll be able to get some shut eye, and salvage the rest of the night.

Bridget

Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:53 pm

Oh bridget Big hugs babe, I soo know how you feel, my doc ended up admitting me coz I was soo stressed and scared. I cant believe that a great grandparent could say that in front of you that must be sooo disheartening. But i do know how you feel alot of people in our family dont count Thomas and even DH at times has gone this is number 3 and afterwards I correct him well actually its number 4.

I hope you can get some rest tonight babe.

Big hugs
Kim

Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:09 pm
Profile YIM

I am so sorry for your insensitive Grandma #1!! I get similar responses out of my own family and friends. I can't imagine the stress you are going through! I was lucky in a way that Matthew came so early so that I didn't even approach Nicole's birth date. I am thinking about you lots and looking for you online. Hang in there!!! Big Hugs,
Jenn

ImageImage

Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:35 am

Oh Bridget that is just so sad that someone, especially a family member could be so insensitive, Big (((HUGS)))

Here's hoping the next couple of days pass by very quickly for you.
Will be thinking of you
Take care
Jacqui

Image Image

Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:48 am

Oh Bridget that must be so awful I guess it really shows her limitations and its sad that even though she should be older and wiser for some reason she is not.

Sending you big hugs - hang in there! Not long now!

I hope you have some nice things to do for yourself over the next few days...

PS: It is such a crazy time this waiting - I find I am getting tired and grumpy (not like the usual me at all!)

Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:47 pm

well the amniocentesis today went well. I got a call a few hours ago from the dr. with the results. The levels had to be at least 55, and mine came back 78, so it looks like the baby's lungs are ready for the outside world.

I'm being induced at 7am on thursday. I also found out today that I'm already dialated a 3-4, so I don't think the induction will take that long.

So now all I have to do is get thru tomorrow, which shouldn't be too hard, as I want to do some things around the house before I go in.

I'll keep you all posted

Bridget

Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:44 am

Will be thinking of you hun - all the best :)

~*Mummy to now SIX angels ~ I miss you my babies ~

Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:29 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

Will be waiting with baited breath, can't wait to see pics, good luck for th birth, hope it all goes nicve and smooth (and quick).

ImageImage

Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:39 pm
Profile E-mail

ImageImage

Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:54 pm

Wishing you a safe and speedy delivery, I'm looking forward to hearing all about it.
Take care
Jacqui

Image Image

Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:20 pm

YAY good luck babe, Cant wait for the news.

Huggles
Kim

Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:53 pm
Profile YIM

I wish you an easy joyous birth with much healing in the safe arrival of your new baby - can't wait to hear how it goes and what you do have!

All the best!

Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:53 am
Site Admin

Sending out loads of positive baby vibes Bridget, thinking of you as you get ready for your induction and to meet your new bubba, not long now, if you're reading this, TRY TO GET SOME SLEEP GIRL, I'm thinking it's late wednesday avo there???

ImageImage

Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:06 pm
Profile E-mail

It's been a stressful day. I'm just so nervous about everything. I did go and visit TJ at the cemetery to ask for his help with everything tomorrow. This just all seems so unreal. I IM'd Jenn and asked her to keep you all updated on what's going on, as I probably won't be back to this site right away.

Your right Manda....It's late wednesday afternoon here in the states....Not sure if I'll get too much sleep tonight, but I will try. Only 12 hours to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bridget

Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:26 pm

Good luck Bridget!! Can't wait to see the photos!!

ImageImage

Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:00 pm

`WOW not long to go now, can't wait to see pics of your new little bubs.

Best of luck for the induction and I hope it goes quick, painless and smoothly.

Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:11 pm

Best of luck Bridget, wishing you a safe and speedy delivery. Can't wait to hear!

www.babiesonline.com/babies/m/mayadavis
www.babiesonline.com/babies/g/gremlins

Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:35 pm

All the best Bridget, you will be in my thoughts and prayers over the next 12 hours. Can't wait to hear the news.

Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:33 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next