It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:07 pm

Advice please 

Post Advice please
When I became pregnant with Kairyn, I decided not to use the clothing, blankets and toys that I had for Riley as I felt they were his and they were some of the only things that I had as a physical reminder of him (hard to explain) so I packed them all away nicely and just bought lots of new things for Kairyn.
But now that I am 81/2 weeks away from having BB3 I have been thinking about all of Rileys clothing (hard not to seeing as the box is in plain veiw in my room) and am finding myself warming to the idea of using his clothing for this little one, a part of me feels ok about it but another part of me is still unsure about whether I am ready. I don't want Riley to think that I am letting go and that I am over his loss.....
I think I may have answered my own question, I don't think I'm ready, I just obvisouly (sp) just needed to vent my thoughts.

Still if you have any advice, it would be nice as I my feeling may change :)

Thanks

Image Image

Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:29 pm

Jacqui - I think whatever you choose to do will be the right thing (((((HUGS)))))

Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:36 pm

Maybe you will just 'know' when the time comes, when BB3 comes home and you are dressing him etc. you may feel strongly that you want to use some of Riley's things, or vice versa.

www.babiesonline.com/babies/m/mayadavis
www.babiesonline.com/babies/g/gremlins

Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:53 pm
Site Admin

I wasn't sure I wanted to use anything of Trinitys for Loralei, I didn't even really touch any of it until Loralei arrived (or very shortly before). It kind of dawned on me that had Trinity survived (Oh man it's so hard to say that), I would have most likely used her stuff for the next one anyway, like when (or if, ykwim) we have the next one (should we have a girl), we will use Loraleis (and Trinitys) things again, hand me downs. It is just in our case, the stuff wasn't able to be used. I don't think Riley would think you were letting go or over his loss whatever you decide to do. Perhaps try and go through what is there and pick out a few items that you would feel more comfortable using and leave some packed, that way you have used some things but also kept some especially for Riley, I'm sure he would love to share some of his clothes with his brother, but if you're not comfortable with using some of it, then I'm sure he would be just fine with that too. HTH.

ImageImage

Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:16 pm
Profile E-mail

That was a hard one for me also. I wasn't sure I wanted to use Tylers clothes on Brady.....But I decided to go ahead and use them. I did put away the first outfit we bought TJ (we bought it the day we found out we were having a boy). That specific outfit is more sentimental to me then the other clothes, so I decided to pack that one away and not wear it on Brady.

It was very difficult for me to see Brady in TJ's clothes, but like manda said, had Tyler survived I would have used them on Brady anyhow.

The decision is totally yours and you need to do what's right for you. You still have some time to think it over before BB3 arrives

Bridget

Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:43 pm

I agree with everyone else, it is totally your choice.

I was a bit antsi about using Thomas's stuff, But I had given most of it away except a gown, top and cardigan. So I thought well if he had of survived they would of been used. So I did use them for Timothy, but the one thing I wouldn't use for him was Thomas's blanket that is kept in his memory box, it is mine to cuddle when I feel down.

Big hugs babe and I am sure whatever you decide will be the right thing.

Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:42 pm
Profile YIM

As I've hit nesting mode, I was going through Rileys things today and like you suggested Manda, I picked out just 2 outfits that can be thought of as a gift from Riley to BB3, and I have to say I feel quite good about it.

Image Image

Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:24 am