It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 12:04 pm

Hello?? Anyone?? 

Post Hello?? Anyone??
Where's everyone gone??? Its sssooo quiet in here!!!

Image Image

ImageImage

Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:18 pm
Profile E-mail

Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:08 am

Just getting over a 12 hour vomitting bug - yuck!!! :sick: :sick: :sick:

Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:00 am
Profile E-mail WWW

:shock: :shock: :shock: Hope you guys are feeling better!!

Image Image

ImageImage

Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:57 pm
Profile E-mail

Ive been busy working and now feeling sick, hope I am not going to end up with the bug...
Hope you are all feeling better... Im getting ready for work on the weekend...

Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:03 pm

And me I have been out visiting peoples and so have not made it here...bad really.
I went and visited Manda yesterday, It was great as always to see her and her adorable children. Loralei was just beautiful and chatting to me heaps and to Cort. And Gabe and Cort just 'hung' together while Manda and I chatted and wondered where the time was going to...lol

Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:37 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Well I've been hit by a huuricaine, they call this one, um, what was it again, oh yeah, Loralei, :lol: She's a handful is that one :) Other than that, just rying to get through the day and still have my marbles at the end of it. I'm gonna be pretty busy from now on. On top of my cakes that i still have orders coming in for, I'm doing the sewing for sands and I've just got my old job back working from home on Sundays, madness I tell ya, madness.
It was lovely as always seeing Lisa and Cortie bum, such a cutie, loving those big smiles. There never seems to be enough time.

Hope everyone gets over their buggies and has a nice weekend.

ImageImage

Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:07 pm
Profile E-mail

Hi all I have poked my nose in a couple of times, but have had my SIL and nephew staying for a few days, so have been busy with them
We have got a busy weekend planned, am off soon to take Bayden to a birthday party, then later this arvo me and Bayden are going with the bosses wife and their kids to Hamilton to see the nightglow for the ballons over Waikato, so will be back rather late tonight and will be blardy tired tomorrow.

Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:24 am
Profile E-mail WWW

I haven't been on for a few days as its been a busy week and a bit of a sad one too. My Father who I have not been in contact with for a number of years, for a whole lot of reasons(won't go into that) passed away on Tuesday morning. He had been admitted to hospital on the previous saturday, as he had had a heart attack (not a life threatening one, so they thought). He had a stent put in and all looked like it was going to be ok, but unfortunately he had a massive heart attack on Tuesday morning and they were unable to revive him. I attended his funeral yesterday which was sad. Really quite confused as to how I feel about it all :(

On top of that Neil (DH), FLynn(DS) and I are all full of the flu :roll:

Hopefully nest week will be full of more positive things.

Yvonne

Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:54 pm
Profile E-mail

my angel Chloé
Aidan Image

Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:45 pm

Huge hugs to you. I totally understand how you are feeling re your father. Mine wasn't talking to me when he passed away from a massive heart attack, 40 years ago.
Don't beat yourself up, time will help, but it is a slow process. Now I can remember the good times we had, without dwelling on the bad ones that were going on around the time he passed.

Take care of your lovely family. I hope you are all feeling better soon.

Love & hugs
Rae

Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:23 am
Profile E-mail YIM

Its a funny kind of thing - I don't necessarily regret my decision about not having a relationship with him as if you knew all of the ins and outs it just was never going to happen, but I just feel sad that , that was the way it was IYKWIM?

I did however have a very good relationship with my Stepfather, and maybe that is the key here - I missed that opportunity with my own father but know how good it can be.

The other thing that is doing my head in a wee bit, and has done since we lost Satori, is that I also know what it is like now, to have the ability to have a relationship with your child, taken out of your hands. That does make me feel a little bit guilty :oops:

Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:05 pm
Profile E-mail

So sorry to hear about your father. I too have no contact with my father (I've never even met him) but have been fortunate enough to have had a very loving adopted father in my life. I always feel that being a 'mother' or 'father' is something you earn, not something that just happens to you. I'm not sure how I would feel if my father was to pass away, I image it would be a very conflicted time. I hope that you find peace with it all soon.

I've been doing some serious lurking on here lately - apologies :oops: . Just super busy with an overactive toddler, part time job and part time study. I'm loving life though :D

Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:35 pm
Profile E-mail

Quote:
I always feel that being a 'mother' or 'father' is something you earn, not something that just happens to you.

I totally agree with this, and thanks.

Yvonne
[/quote]

Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:08 pm
Profile E-mail