It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:26 pm

Child Abuse - Your Chance To Make A Difference 

Post Child Abuse - Your Chance To Make A Difference
Hi there everyone :bighug: Sorry I haven't been around much...busy busy and all that. I must remember to come and post some pics of Holly's first birthday on Monday once I've downloaded them from the camera.

And yes I know I should be in bed but I'm writing this now as I sit up cuddling my sick little girl who's all snuffled up with a cold and can't sleep :heart:

Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that my DH and I have started a letter campaign concerning child abuse and we are asking people to contact their local MPs, Steve Maharey (the acting Minister of Social Development and Employment) and the Prime Minister Helen Clark.

If you would like to receive information about this campaign, please PM me or email me at saveournzkids at hotmail dot com. We are providing sample letters (which you can obviously edit as you desire) and a list of current MPs and their contact details.

Also did you know that you can send any MP a letter free of charge via Freepost Parliament, PO Box 18888, Wellington? 8)

We need the government to realise that the safety of New Zealand children is of paramount importance to us all and that a lack of response on their behalf could become a voting issue at the next election :angry:

Oh and I've emailed any of you that I have addresses for already...hope you don't mind...you can delete the message if you're not interested :)

Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:03 am