It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:13 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Update on Shawna 

Post Re: Update on Shawna
She's gorgeous!

Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:36 pm

Thanks guys for the advice on the moniter! I think we have it sorted now, she was wriggling off it! DH put her to bed over to one side so when she moves, she moves into the middle of it, not off it! I was plopping her right in the middle and expecting her to stay there lol.
I would rather have the false alarms than no alarm too. Because she is so small our midwife said it was a good idea to have one. Besides at least I know I can move with great speed when I have too now lmao.

Image Image

ImageImage

Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:28 pm
Profile E-mail

OMG LOOK AT THIS - SAME BOUNCER, SAME BABY!!!
Attachment:
Picture 037.jpg
Picture 037.jpg [ 49.83 KiB | Viewed 13916 times ]
Attachment:
20 March 09 011.jpg
20 March 09 011.jpg [ 42.71 KiB | Viewed 13922 times ]

Image Image

ImageImage

Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:29 pm
Profile E-mail

Here she is in her cot!!

Attachments:
20 March 09 010.jpg
20 March 09 010.jpg [ 35.04 KiB | Viewed 13909 times ]

Image Image

ImageImage
Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:31 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

:shock: No way, she CANNOT be that big already, it seems like only last week that you had her.
SCRUMMY

ImageImage

Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:47 am
Profile E-mail

Well now I am officially freaking out, grinding my teeth in my sleep - when I manage to get to sleep that is. I start back at work soon and I'm scared!! I am worried that Shawna will forget who I am, or feel abandonded.....I NEED TO WIN LOTTO!! Blardy mortgage.
I have two weeks left :( :( I need to find another angelcare moniter too for daycare as they don't supply them, so trademe is getting a hammering.......

Image Image

ImageImage

Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:59 am
Profile E-mail

OMG no she hasn't grwon that much already...I am gonna have to jump the fence and steal her me thinks.!! Too cute

ImageImage
http://lynne1.wordpress.com/

Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:59 pm

Lynne, she is there full time on Tuesday, so will give you a text just as we arrive if you want to have a quick cuddle. I've decided that she will be fine without a monitor. Its just my paranoia!
Work has done the dirty on me too, decided to make my position redundant and make me reapply for the replacement part time one going. Don't see how that will work, I've been flat sticks in that position for the last 7-8 years. Oh well, watch this space. Doesnt help the stress levels when DHs work is closing up in a couple of months!!! Shawna and I have had the horrible tummy bug floating around too, I thought it was food poisioning when I got it, but the she got sick too, so its been full buckets and nappies around here!

Image Image

ImageImage

Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:30 pm
Profile E-mail

Well its now day 2 at work, I miss Shawna so much :( Its so hard getting into the swing of things here, I can't concerntrate on much. I've been thinking about Georgia all the time too, its strange, I feel like she is with me more. Anyway, I find out more about my job over the next couple of days, at this stage I am staying full time for a couple of months which is good.

Image Image

ImageImage

Tue May 05, 2009 2:01 pm
Profile E-mail

Well here's some pics!!

Attachments:
14 June 09 033.jpg
14 June 09 033.jpg [ 69.95 KiB | Viewed 13742 times ]
14 June 09 024.jpg
14 June 09 024.jpg [ 100.89 KiB | Viewed 13742 times ]
14 June 09 037.jpg
14 June 09 037.jpg [ 19.91 KiB | Viewed 13819 times ]

Image Image

ImageImage
Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:17 pm
Profile E-mail

the last pic - the tiny small one was a really nice one, but got to small when i resized it, now i cant get it big again without it being all blurry :(

Image Image

ImageImage

Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:18 pm
Profile E-mail

Awwwwwwww, she's so gorgeous Tracey! What a sweetheart.

Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:59 pm

What a treasure ... she's so beautiful!!!

Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:30 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

aww Shawna is so adorable!!!

Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:01 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

Here's another - this one is the face of first taste of farex
then we have the first taste of pear and banana!! Can you tell which one she preferred LOL
Sorry they are so big, I'm having issues with the photos!
Attachment:
14 June 09 003.jpg
14 June 09 003.jpg [ 89.08 KiB | Viewed 13748 times ]

Attachment:
14 June 09 016.jpg
14 June 09 016.jpg [ 72.71 KiB | Viewed 13747 times ]

Image Image

ImageImage

Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:43 pm
Profile E-mail

Awwwww love that one in the first lot of her and daddy (I assume!). Too cute!

Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:53 pm
Profile E-mail

LOL that is a crack up!!! Jess is the other way round, HATES Farex but loves everything else!!!
Will do a separate update on her thread now

Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:25 am
Profile E-mail WWW

Love the one in with the pink hat :heart: so adorable!

Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:49 pm

OMG! What a night last night - Shawna was grizzly and clinging all day - when she was awake that is, she slept for most of it (we were snowed in). We took her temp at around 8.30 last night and it said 39!!! Major panic stations - we tried to cool her down while waiting for a friend to come over and look after DSS, she got down to 38.4, then 37.8 - all within half an hour. We kept and eye on her all night and she seemed fine, I got her up this morning and she showed no interest in her bottle, so I got her dressed and then she screamed and screamed. Flew to the doctors and she has inflamed ears and throat. Great!! DH is sick too so I gotta juggle work, Shawna, DSS and a moaning DH. Whooo hoooo!!!

Image Image

ImageImage

Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:05 pm
Profile E-mail

[smilie=bluecolorz5_pdt_05.gif] Teach me for moaning about the other night, last night was terrible. Shawna just wouldn't settle and worked herself into a frenzy. I have never heard her cry like she did and it scared me. DH and I decided at 3.30am that we needed to get her to the hospital to be on the safe side, bundled her up and went to put her in the car seat, well she screamed to the point of hyperventilating and throwing up. She was so hot and upset and bucking her body around the place, so we called an ambulance. It was terrifying. The paramedics arrived at 4am and checked her out, her temp had gone down slighty but she was still very upset so off we go to the hospital. As soon as the carseat was strapped into the back of the ambulance, she stopped crying and managed to smile at one of the paramedics. By the time we got to the hospital, she was a little ray of sunshine! I had mixed emotions about this if I am totally honest - I was pleased that my little girl was not upset but also very embarrassed that she wasnt! We were assessed by a nurse who said she looked fine - then had to wait another hour for a doctor only to be told we could go home, there was nothing wrong with her. The whole time at the hospital she was smiling, cooing at everyone and generally being her cute happy self! DH came to pick us up at 5.30am - she had finally fallen asleep so we left her in her car seat and I crawled into bed at 6 - had a couples of hours sleep and am now at work. DH called before and said Shawna is fine and is really happy!! DSS slept through the entire evening and didnt have a clue! I am sooooo tired now - I feel like my eyes are hanging out of their sockets. I feel like a bit of an egg for over reacting, but I was just soooo scared.

Image Image

ImageImage

Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:44 pm
Profile E-mail

aww Hun :bighug: I soo know what you mean about feeling like an egg for overreacting, but you only did what you thought was best for your wee munchkin...
And as for lil Miss Shawna, little blardy ratbag!!! How dare she scare her Mummy and Daddy like that, then turn around and smile and be all cute for the ambulance officers and doctors and nurses :rofl: little monkey
I am pleased that she is better though

Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:01 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

OMG - what an ordeal for you. So pleased to hear that Shawna is OK. I'm pretty sure most mothers have been through a similar thing with panicing and no sooner getting them to the Doctor .... they come right! Little Monkeys..... It's embarassing at the time, but then I know I would never forgive myself if I didn't follow my gut intinct and something happened.

Love the latest photos by the way!!!

Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:15 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

oh my goodness! I'm glad she is ok!

I fully understand your frustration with her being fine once you got to the hospital! My cat had a limp once so I took her to the vet and when he put her down on the floor she walked perfectly. Then when we got home she limped again! Brat. Totally the same thing! NOT. haha

Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:05 am
Profile E-mail

OMG she is so gorgeous hun!
Imagine that aye....little miss ratbag. But in all honesty I would have done the same and not worried at all for doing so. If she had have been really sick then you were heading to the right place. And if you didn't ring and stayed at home,you probably would have got not sleep anyways with worry. So big pat on back hun and so pleased she is fine.

ImageImage
http://lynne1.wordpress.com/

Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:18 am

Time for an update!
Shawna has been a quite sick on and off for the last month. Started with a runny nose, then the blocked nose, then the coughing and high temp :sick: . The Doc told us to ride it out :roll: . She was back at daycare for 4 days and gets sent home on friday with the bad poos :shock: ! We've progressed to really runny poos and yesterday was poos and power chucking!! The poos are so acidy that they have burnt her bum and its weeping. I just about cry everytime I change her nappy (which is about 100 times a day at the mo!!) Back to the docs today and guess what he said................."I dont want to worry you, but she has all the symptoms of swine flu".........OK THEN, THANKS FOR THAT!! :gaah: Apparently swine flu is so common now that one in three people with a cough probably have it! Shawna's nana (DH's Mum) is coming up during the day to look after her while I am at work and DH is doing whatever it is he is doing in the garage (he was made redundant a while ago and is doing god knows what in his man cave). [smilie=bluecolorz5_pdt_06.gif] :shrug:
Here are some photos! You wouldn't pick that she is sick. Oh and have I told ya's? SHE HAS TWO FRONT BOTTOM TEETH!!! :excited: :excited: - I can't get a decent photo of them

Attachments:
File comment: Its hard work being this cute
TLO3.jpg
TLO3.jpg [ 26.97 KiB | Viewed 13610 times ]
File comment: hhhmmmm - maybe mum needs to use a safe t sleep
TLO JUL 1.jpg
TLO JUL 1.jpg [ 32.21 KiB | Viewed 13614 times ]
File comment: Whose that beautiful baby in the mirror? OH! ITS ME!!!
TLO JUL.jpg
TLO JUL.jpg [ 20.66 KiB | Viewed 13612 times ]

Image Image

ImageImage
Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:59 pm
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next