It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:33 pm

Miscarriage question??? 

Post Miscarriage question???
Well my sister went for her scan on thursday and she was 11.5 days...(it hit me hard as thats how preggie i was when i lost mine) and all was well for my sister and bub...but 2 days ago she had some bleeding and sore tummy which was on and off for the last 2 days. Today she told me she just had a sore tummy. Have told her to ring her miwife but she keeps saying its alright and it not to bad, so she ok......but all I can think is of how little sign I had and I still m/c'ed!!
Am I the only one out there that had alittle (tiny) brown blood and still miscarried. My midwife wasn;t concerned with me as she said brown blood better than red and I had had a 95% chance of everthing being ok. And everyone I have talked to that had brown bleeding was ok too!!! I understand for the ones that had no bleeding prior and still got bad news at scans..
Am I just getting parnoid for my sister since it has recently happened to me, or should Ireally hit the message home to her that the same could be happening to her and if its not she should still get the peace of mind!!!
Families....ekkk they cause me so much pain..yet I don't want her to go down the same road as me, plus I worry about her starting to m/c at 12 weeks and be at home alone with a 10 month old and a 6 year old (her partner out on farm most of day).
I keep texing and ringing her to see how she is and keep asking if she has rung the midwife yet?? But she hasn't!!
And can stress cause the bleeding and all be ok??
Thanks

ImageImage
http://lynne1.wordpress.com/

Sun Aug 21, 2005 10:17 pm

I have read somewhere that stress isn't really viable for a miscarriage - or isn't the cause.

Here's something I got from a medical website:

Quote:
These things do NOT cause miscarriage:
bullet

Stress. Everyone worries about the baby. Many experience traumatic life events during pregnancy, such as family deaths, even deaths of children or the baby's father. You will get through it, and your baby will too. As a strong case in point, over 50 women were pregnant when their husbands died on September 11 in a terrorist attack on the United States. Their babies are arriving, kicking and squawling, despite the pregnancy occurring during the absolute worst days of their mothers' lives.

In regards to bleeding, here is something else I got from the same site:

Quote:
Bleeding:

Bleeding that starts and stops and starts and stops is often a sign that your hormone levels are falling. While you may still be okay, you need to have your blood hCG pregnancy hormone levels monitored. Heavy bleeding that soaks a pad in an hour is a sign that a miscarriage may be beginning. Keep in mind that while bleeding is always scary, 70% of all pregnancies have bleeding at some point. Both of my normal pregnancies had bleeding, heavy and red. And the one I lost at 20 weeks never even spotted.

Cramping:

You are going to feel a lot of random cramping down there the whole pregnancy. The only time cramping is a concern is if you are breathing in a labor-like huff, or if you also begin bleeding with the cramps.

Loss of pregnancy symptoms:

While the complete and sudden loss of pregnancy symptoms can signal a pending miscarriage, usually it is not the first sign. You will have many days where you don't feel pregnant, when the nausea abates for a day or two, or your breasts are less sore. This is expected and not a concern at all. Around weeks 10 to 14, this is completely normal, as your hormone levels even out and the placenta takes over. The loss of pregnancy symptoms during a miscarriage is usually something you see in hindsight, not ahead of time.

A pregnancy test that is positive, then negative:

This is a classic sign of an ectopic. Often you may also see spotting. If you have taken a pregnancy test that is positive, then another one a few days later that is negative, alert your doctor immediately. You want to rule out an ectopic or take care of it before you have to go the surgical route. If you are taking the tests in the same day, though, you might be right on the edge of a positive result, and urine later in the day may not be concentrated enough to keep the test positive. Test again the next morning to be sure.

I hope this helps somewhat, here is the website I got this from if you need more information:

http://www.pregnancyloss.info/

~*Mummy to now SIX angels ~ I miss you my babies ~

Sun Aug 21, 2005 10:36 pm
Profile E-mail

Thanks telly......I know all will probably be ok but I jus worry!!
And it makes me angry that I lost mind with minimal signs at all...gggrr to my world!!!
Anyway my sister has never had morning sickness with any of her pregnancys (lucky girl) and now that she is 12 weeks i know its surpose to be safer!!!
Me just fretting for her and I know I will nag a her to just talk to m/w
Thats what sisters do!!!

ImageImage

Sun Aug 21, 2005 10:49 pm
Site Admin

I would still get her to visit the midwife, you can never be too carefull (well thats what I've learned). I had an early miscarriage (which may be a little different to what your talking about) which started with brown blood and only had a little fresh with no cramping, just like a normal period for me. If it were me I'd be getting it checked just for peace of mind, better safe than sorry, but again, thats just me. I hope all is ok...

ImageImage

Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:20 am
Profile E-mail

I agree with Manda, if it was me I would be ringing my midwife as you can never be too careful and thats what they are there for. and I have seen many people lose babies at different stages of pregnancy so to me even once i get to the 12 weeks mark i dont feel safe, my safe is when I have a live baby in my arms.

So please keep on at her to ring her midwife.

Mon Aug 22, 2005 11:07 am
Profile YIM

Yeah i agree with the other two - get her to see her midwife, and you don't have to have cramping to have a miscarriage, I certainly didn't, I didn't even bleed. Maybe convinving her midwife to give her a scan also.

~*Mummy to now SIX angels ~ I miss you my babies ~

Mon Aug 22, 2005 2:16 pm
Profile E-mail

Well she still hasn't rung mid wife...not much more I can do..but ask her regularly how she is!!
She probably sick of me asking now and might try to avoid telling me anything. All I can to is wish for the best and hope all ok!

ImageImage

Mon Aug 22, 2005 11:10 pm

All that you can do now is let her know you are there for her whatever happens. Dont you stress too much over it as it will only get you down.

Huggles

Kim

Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:39 am
Profile YIM